Friday, March 30, 2012

The Power of Love

Today is a day I have been anticipating for quite a while.  On my way to Washington, DC to become a grandma.  Life can't get any better than that.  Oh, wait!  It does!  When I get back home, I have a second grandson coming three months later!  I am ready to fall in love again as I did with each of my girls.

In Anne a lay apostle's book Lessons in Love, she describes our Father's unconditional love:

"I understand the smallest bit of the Father’s love for us. I know He loves us in all of our sinfulness and mistakes. The fact that He sent Jesus, all by itself, testifies to His good will in our regard. He wants us to do well. He hopes that we will do well. He sees any goodness in us, any attempt at holiness and He applauds this and rejoices in it. Our Father loves us."


As a parent and soon-to-be grandparent, I can relate to the feeling of such deep unconditional love. It's comforting to know our Lord loves us this much and even more than we can imagine.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me unconditionally.  And, for the blessing of two grandsons this year!  

God bless,
Bonnie






No comments: