Friday, July 27, 2012

Plant The Seeds

Social events are my forte.  I love meeting new people and learning about their lives.  I especially love when they ask me about my career.  A perfect opportunity arises to introduce Direction for Our Times and life as a lay apostle. Some listen, smile and move on.  Some are intrigued and ask questions.  Some are ready to change their lives and ask how to get ahold of the Volumes.  Every one of these encounters allow me to plant the seeds for Jesus Christ the Returning King.  But I have to tell you, I am overwhelmed with the love of Christ when I meet someone who is familiar with Anne a lay apostle, has a Volume or one of the books, and just hasn't started reading yet for one reason or another.  I pray the joy He has given me through the Volumes exudes out of every pore, every word I speak.  Sometimes I wish I had a video to show who I was five years ago, even two years ago, compared to now.  I am evolving on a daily basis. I am grateful for every day He gives me to speak of His love through the Volumes. Although I may never see the fruits of the seeds I have planted, I know when the time is right and the soil is rich, He will be there to nurture an open heart.


In todays Gospel (Matthew 13:18-23), Jesus helps us to understand the concept of planting the seeds:


Jesus said to his disciples: "Hear the parable of the sower. The seed sown on the path is the one who hears the word of the Kingdom without understanding it, and the Evil One comes and steals away what was sown in his heart. The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the word and receives it at once with joy. But he has no root and lasts only for a time. When some tribulation or persecution comes because of the word, he immediately falls away. The seed sown among thorns is the one who hears the word, but then worldly anxiety and the lure of riches choke the word and it bears no fruit. But the seed sown on rich soil is the one who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold."
In Volume Ten, Jesus teaches us to be patient with those who reject Him.  And, to leave the sowing up to Him:

“From now on, I will think of you as My apostles. As I prepared My original apostles to begin My beautiful Church on earth, I now commission you to reclaim My beautiful Church. You have such great heavenly assistance. When I speak of My Church, I am speaking of the body of the Church, comprised of its people. You are to call them back to the safety of the family of God. I send you out as I sent out the first group. You are to speak freely of Me. If a soul rejects Me, hold no malice for that soul. Simply pray for them and move along, seeking out another. Often you are like a farmer sowing seeds. I, Myself, must reap the harvest. This should not concern you because to insist on reaping what you have sown in this instance is not appropriate. Sometimes God is needed to ignite the divine. Use My words, dear little apostles. Spread them everywhere. Keep your words limited and allow Me to claim the soul. You will soften the soul by loving the person.”


Lay apostles, Jesus and Our Lady have equipped us, through the Bible, the Volumes, Fatima, Medjugorje, and numerous other avenues, to set out into the world and bring lost souls back to Him. Bring His Light to those in darkness. Today, how can you advance His Kingdom a little further?  How about reading or forwarding the last monthly to someone you have lost touch with?  Maybe take 10 minutes this weekend to read a Heaven Speaks booklet you haven't read yet?  Whatever you choose, be bold for Him and plant the seed.


Thank you, Lord, for teaching me it is You who moves a soul toward heaven taking that responsibility away from me.  I can now exhale!


God bless,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service.

An emotional scene unfolded as one of our soldiers excited the airplane I was about to board. He greeted his two young sons and his wife, all eagerly holding signs to welcome him home. After the group hug and a long embrace with his wife, the watching travelers cheered. And then a wonderful thing happened. As the man began to leave the gate many said to him: “Thank you for your service.” This made me think of my good friend who served in Viet Nam years ago. In those days our soldiers did not hear these words offered by strangers. I find Veterans Day a good time to thank him. I next thought of Bonnie, and her commitment to working so diligently on something that is fundamental to her core. She often demonstrates tremendous courage as she reveals very personal details about her life so the rest of us can better contemplate the gospels and messages that she shares. She helps us all better understand our relationship with God and our own humanity. She does all this with honesty and humility. Wow! All I can say is: “Dear Bonnie, thank you for your service.”