Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Doubt No More

I met a young man recently who lights up a room with his smile and personality.  He is kind, funny and just plain fun to be around.  I was helping this amazingly talented person with a project and we were going to be spending some time together. A few days ago we were talking about faith when he declared he was an atheist.  Immediately, I informed him he wasn't an atheist, just lost. He is from a family with strong Christian values, so the building blocks are pretty solid. He just needed a little push in the right direction. Our last day working together, I asked him if he would do me a favor.  I asked him to read three of the Heaven Speaks booklets (Addiction, Those Away From the Church, and Those Who Don't Know Jesus).  Smiling, he agreed.  I also warned I would be ramping up the prayers for his conversion.  I cannot wait to see the day when Jesus takes ahold of his heart!  Young man (I know you are reading this!), you are in for the ride of your life and I promise to be there every step of the way if need be!


There comes a time in most of our lives when we doubt God's existence. I'm not referring to existence as in who created us.  I'm referring to His existence by our side, 24/7. No matter how dire our lives seem at the moment, He is always there ready to forgive us.  And, He knows we are only human and will screw up again at some point.  It takes practice, patience, spiritual reading and prayer when developing an intimate relationship with Christ.  And when you know Him intimately, things you once thought draining or atrocious become small bumps in the road where you only stumble, not crash to the ground.


Todays Gospel (John 20:24-29) was no coincidence.  The timing, perfect after this young man proclaimed (jokingly, I'm sure!) this morning on the phone he would need the stigmata to believe.  Watch what you pray for!


Thomas, called Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, "We have seen the Lord." But Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."
 In Heaven Speaks to Those Away from the Church, Jesus consoles:

"My friend, listen to Me. Hear My words because My words are truth. Reject the rebelliousness of My enemy. Accept that you are called to follow Me and raise your behavior to My standards. I will help you. You will be welcome in heaven if you accept that I am God. You will have to accept that I am God in order to gain heaven, of course. Will you not accept this fact now, before your time on earth is finished? Will you return to Me now given that ultimately you hope to do so? My heart longs for your peace. I see everything. If you have been hurt by those who claimed to represent My Church but who failed, I will heal you. Do not use this hurt as a reason why you step away from all that I offer for you through My Church. This has taken you in the wrong direction and others walk behind you. Please, come into My Church. It belongs to Me, after all. You are welcome, regardless of your sins."

Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of this young man in my life.  Keep sending them, Lord.  I am your faithful servant ready to shine Your light at a moment's notice!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: