Friday, July 6, 2012

Calling All Sinners

Have you ever been given a huge blessing, wondering what you ever did to deserve it?  Even though I am finally on the right path, I still feel so unworthy of the gifts He graciously grants me when I least expect it.  That's how this mission has changed me and how I move into every day now.  I am acutely aware of everything.  The tough stuff doesn't throw me into a tizzy anymore.  I unite my suffering or sadness to Him and He comforts.  I unite my joy and happiness to Him and He celebrates with me. He knows I am a sinner, but still encourages me to be better.  He never abandons, no matter how sick our souls are. 


In todays Gospel (Matthew 9: 9-13), Jesus demonstrates it's the sinners He longs for union with:



As Jesus passed by, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the customs post. He said to him, "Follow me." And he got up and followed him. While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat with Jesus and his disciples. The Pharisees saw this and said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" He heard this and said, "Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. Go and learn the meaning of the words,I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."

In Volume One, our Blessed Mother consoles and guides:

“Like any good mother, I forget the mistakes of my children almost immediately. I can help poor sinners to forgive themselves and seek the forgiveness of my Son, a forgiveness that heals and strengthens. Sinners must not be afraid. They must simply close their eyes and say, ‘God, I have made mistakes. I’m sorry. I am Your child, though, and seek to be united to You.’ My child, all of heaven weeps for joy when even one soul makes this act of humility and love. How we rush in to assist this soul, and protect him from the attacks of the evil one. We nurture and guide this soul until he is back walking the path to Christ with confidence. Don’t be afraid, dear souls. You will find no recriminations. Only love. Be reconciled to the loving heart of my Son, who will lead you to the Father. What joy will be mine, to see you safely with Jesus.”


Lay apostles, go to Jesus and His Mother for everything.  Ask Them for help in every difficult situation. Thank Them for every joy you experience.  For when you do, an acute awareness of the graces showered develops and life just becomes more peaceful.  

Thank you, Lord, for loving me despite my sins.  I am not worthy but so thankful!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: