Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where You Lead Me

Anyone who knows me well will attest to the fact this apostolate drastically changed my life.  Once I committed to live as a Lay Apostle of Jesus Christ the Returning King, everything began to make sense.  Reading the words of Jesus and all of heaven ignited a passion for my faith never experienced before.  My eyes began to focus on heaven, not the world. I started becoming more tolerant, calmer, and less judgmental . . . a softer version of myself. Introverted person that I am (just kidding!), I was on fire and wanted EVERYONE to feel the same burning desire of intimately knowing our Savior!  Many were receptive.  But some weren't ready. At first I felt offended when I would discover a person I gave a Volume to hadn't even picked it up months later.  How could anyone not want to know Jesus better? It took me a while to grasp the fact Jesus is in control and all I have to do is plant the seed.   


Todays reading (Acts18:1-8) is a perfect example of planting the seed and moving on, trusting Christ will lead you to where He needs you:


When Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began to occupy himself totally with preaching the word, testifying to the Jews that the Christ was Jesus. When they opposed him and reviled him, he shook out his garments and said to them, “Your blood be on your heads! I am clear of responsibility.  From now on I will go to the Gentiles.” So he left there and went to a house belonging to a man named Titus Justus, a worshiper of God; his house was next to a synagogue. Crispus, the synagogue official, came to believe in the Lord along with his entire household, and many of the Corinthians who heard believed and were baptized.
Volume Ten, as Dr. Mark Miravalle calls it, is the “rescue manual” for lay apostles. In the following quote from this Volume, Jesus advises us to let Him take the lead: 

“From now on, I will think of you as My apostles. As I prepared My original apostles to begin My beautiful Church on earth, I now commission you to reclaim My beautiful Church. You have such great heavenly assistance. When I speak of My Church, I am speaking of the body of the Church, comprised of its people. You are to call them back to the safety of the family of God. I send you out as I sent out the first group. You are to speak freely of Me. If a soul rejects Me, hold no malice for that soul. Simply pray for them and move along, seeking out another. Often you are like a farmer sowing seeds. I, Myself, must reap the harvest. This should not concern you because to insist on reaping what you have sown in this instance is not appropriate. Sometimes God is needed to ignite the divine.”

Lay apostles, continue to plant the seed of Christ's Love for all His children.  Some may not be ready to take the blinders off.  So pray for them, move on and let Jesus have the responsibility of leading them home.

Thank you, Lord, for showing me how to let go and let You lead.  My control freak days are dwindling the more I defer to You!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: