Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Heavenly Bailouts

Sometimes I wonder why God blesses me so abundantly.  I feel so undeserving of such love and compassion.  But, in the May 2012 Monthly Message, He says, "If you have a struggle tomorrow, then you know that I have already obtained the grace for you to both endure it and overcome it."  When I read the monthly messages, I believe with all my heart everything Jesus says.  I try to incorporate those beliefs into actions.  I was facing a pretty hefty struggle recently which would throw the old Bonnie into panic mode, frantically trying to figure out a quick fix.  There was no immediate solution to this problem, and last night I prayed for the strength to endure the challenge.  Miraculously, I received a phone call this morning which gave quick resolution to this monumental obstacle. I hung up the phone and dropped to my knees, thanking Him over and over.  It was above and beyond anything I ever expected.  Lessons learned? Always hand over your worries and concerns to Jesus.  And, have the faith to know He will have the solution.  Useless anxiety only drives us further from Him.  His plan may not always resolve overnight, but everything will be alright. 


In todays first reading (Acts 14:19-28), the disciples show how perseverance and faith is not always easy, but so necessary:



In those days, some Jews from Antioch and Iconium arrived and won over the crowds. They stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing that he was dead. But when the disciples gathered around him, he got up and entered the city. On the following day he left with Barnabas for Derbe. After they had proclaimed the good news to that city and made a considerable number of disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch. They strengthened the spirits of the disciples and exhorted them to persevere in the faith, saying, "It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God."
I found the perfect quote from Volume One today.  All Jesus asks is we rely on Him during times of trouble:
“Today, I want to talk about perseverance during difficult times or times of crisis. My children, it is during these times when your relationship with Me is of the greatest value. Do not forget Me when you are experiencing human exhaustion or great upheavals, including sickness. Sadly, many of even My chosen ones forget that I am with them and wish to steer them through crisis and illness. I understand. When your life changes abruptly or you feel physically unwell, it is sometimes hard to remember to practice your faith. But I tell you now that this is the time to back out of the world even more fully and let Me direct everything. If you are practicing the life of a Christ follower, this is not a long stretch for you. My graces pour down upon you during these times.”

Thank you, Lord, for Your heavenly bailout today.  You have shown me the graces You so readily give when I leave all my worries in Your Hands.  I will try to NEVER worry again! 

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: