Friday, May 25, 2012

Sins Are Forgiven

Decisions made in the heat of the moment can go one of two ways.  We can either react emotionally, shooting daggars at the offending party. Or we can keep our comments to ourselves remembering every human being is a child of God. Even the worst of the worst. Think about Jesus on the cross.  Two criminals on each side of Him. One of the them hurling insults at Christ and the other realizing He was the Son of God, asking Jesus to remember him in His Kingdom.  How did Jesus respond?  He told the man he would be with Him in paradise.  It's never too late to repent.  No matter what your sins are, no matter how grave, Jesus is ready to forgive.  

Todays Gospel (John 21:15-19) is a perfect example of the forgiveness we can expect from our Lord:


After Jesus had revealed himself to his disciples and eaten breakfast with them, he said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" Simon Peter answered him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my lambs." He then said to Simon Peter a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Simon Peter answered him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep." He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep.


Peter had denied Jesus three times. Paul was persecuting Christians.  And yet they became true disciples of Christ.  All Jesus asked was they feed and tend to His sheep. That's all He asks of us.  Love Him and spread the Good News.  


In the Monthly Message of March 2009, Jesus teaches us how to be humble:



"Beloved apostles of God, do not be distracted by others. I know this is hard for you. I know that others can cause you upset. But if you consider how I have asked you to experience others, you will do better. I want you to view those around you as pilgrims journeying toward Me. That is what you are, after all. Can you deny others the need to move gradually to perfection when you, yourself are doing the same? You are involved in a process which means that you remain imperfect. Why would it be different for those around you? You have come to trust My loving compassion, My forgiveness and My uninterrupted affection. That is because you have come to know Me. If others do not know Me as well as you do, they will trust Me less. If they trust Me less, they will experience fear and this will cause them difficulty which moves out from the fear to greater and greater pain. If My apostles will accept that fear of being unloved is the source of great pain for others, My apostles will view the mistakes of others with compassion, as I do. Yes, the pain of humanity can only be remedied by loving compassion. This is why you are sent out by Me. You move into the world with heaven’s healing compassion. My apostles, perhaps you do not feel this compassion from others. Perhaps you feel that you are in need of compassion and find only condemnation. I make two remarks about this. One, please be willing to ask for understanding from other holy apostles and then accept what they offer to you in humility. Next, ask Me if I am judging you. Ask Me if I view you harshly. You know that I do not. I am pleased with whatever you offer Me in terms of fidelity and service. I am pleased with whatever you give to Me in terms of prayer and silence. I work so well in your little soul when you allow Me. I feel the greatest compassion for you. I am happy with your efforts to be holy and to love those around you. I rejoice in you. I rejoice in your commitment to Me. I urge you today in the most serious way to trust Me and trust in My plan for you."



Thank you, Lord, for bringing your lay apostles words to live by.  Continue to help me forgive unconditionally.  And most especially, to remain silent when I want to throw daggars. 


God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: