Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Monday of Holy Week - What's Important To You?

I could literally live in a box with Jay and be happy for the rest of my life. I have discovered, through graces Jesus has bestowed upon me, true love. The only way I can experience this true love is through my relationship with Christ. Because I trust Him completely, He has shown me how to trust others . . . to be vulnerable even though it's counterintuitive to my very nature. What's important to me is important to Jay. Jesus is #1 for both of us. He is part of every decision we make. We go to Him when chaos tries to disrupt our peace. We sit with Him in Adoration for an hour each week, confident the minute we step out the door of the chapel, everything in the world is right again. It's amazing . . . when both people in a relationship are focused on Christ, everything seems to fall into place. 

In yesterdays Gospel (John 12:1-11), Mary has no doubt about what is important:

Six days before Passover Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. They gave a dinner for him there, and Martha served, while Lazarus was one of those reclining at table with him.  Mary took a liter of costly perfumed oil made from genuine aromatic nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and dried them with her hair; the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil. Then Judas the Iscariot, one of his disciples, and the one who would betray him, said, “Why was this oil not sold for three hundred days’ wages and given to the poor?” He said this not because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief and held the money bag and used to steal the contributions. So Jesus said, “Leave her alone. Let her keep this for the day of my burial. You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me.”

The large crowd of the Jews found out that he was there and came, not only because of him, but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too, because many of the Jews were turning away and believing in Jesus because of him.


In Volume One, Jesus asks us to focus on love:

"Today, I speak to souls about love. Love is important. Indeed, it is the most important thing of all things. That is the reason it has become so distorted in your modern world. The side of darkness would like to see love destroyed. The modern world would put this distorted version in its place so that no one would be able to find love and their hearts would then become like ice. Many of My children are ignorant of true, genuine love. It is for this reason that children are unwelcome unless they fill a need for their parents. My dear ones, if you follow Me, you will learn about genuine love, which offers untold fruits and opportunities for growth."

Lay apostles, what's important to you? Is Jesus the focus? If He isn't, contemplate your situation with Him. He will make chaos disappear (or, help you to stay out of it!). 

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me that when I focus on You, everything becomes very clear.

God bless,
Bonnie 

No comments: