Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Exposed!

We all have deep dark secrets, right? Things we've done bringing shame and the impulse to run for cover. I gotta tell you something . . . the older I get, the more I understand all in darkness eventually comes to light. This blog allows me to be open about my "misjudgments" in life. It also allows me to share what I've learned. Hopefully, if you have found this blog by accident or you are a daily reader, I have helped to lead you closer to Jesus and His Sacred Heart. I am learning right alongside of you. Every day I read the Gospel and search for something from this apostolate to quote, I grow stronger in my faith. If something I write helps only my husband or daughters or sons-in-law see Christ and all His Graces in a different light, I have done my job. Be honest with yourself about mistakes in your past. Ask Him for forgiveness. One day you will face Jesus where all is exposed. 

Todays Gospel (John 3: 16-21) tells us to live the Truth and bring all to light:

God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned,
because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. And this is the verdict, that the light came into the world, but people preferred darkness to light, because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come toward the light, so that his works might not be exposed. But whoever lives the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be clearly seen as done in God.


In Anne a lay apostle's book Lessons in Love, she encourages us to ask Jesus where we need to get it right:

"Now it must be said that one of the greatest graces Jesus allows is sudden conversion. These St. Paul-like experiences must be the delight of the saints in heaven. I believe Jesus does this when He needs service from the person NOW. He perhaps has tried to shift the soul gently but the soul is stubborn in his resisting the plan of our beautiful Jesus. This, my friends, I believe to be the most loving of actions. A soul bounced from his horse, metaphorically speaking, surely can have no doubt that his service is of urgent importance to the Kingdom and his resistance is doing damage to the Kingdom. Clearly, the humble soul rests in the latter thought. Even in situations like this, there is evidence of the Lord’s gentleness. Jesus surrounds the soul with grace, sending in help from both heavenly and earthly sources. The soul is guided very carefully afterwards into the service intended for him. I think that a soul experiencing the Lord’s correction abruptly will sometimes not feel that it happened gently in terms of the impact it has on his life. Here is why. When someone turns on the lights suddenly and a person sees the error or falseness in which he has been living, that person might be tempted to run for cover. My friends, this feeling of being exposed is inevitable. Everything that is now covered will be uncovered, and everything now hidden will be made clear.  For this reason, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in hidden places will be proclaimed on the housetops (Luke 12). Again, I say, do this now. We must ask Jesus to show us any areas where we can improve ourselves and then we will have no unpleasant surprises when we die. Jesus will be gentle in showing us the wrong way and the right way. Once we ask forgiveness, acknowledging our error, Jesus simply draws us into the correct course." 

Lay apostles, are you holding on to things done in the past which cause self-doubt or worse, self-hatred?  I've been there at certain points in my life. But this mission has taught me how forgiving God is and how easily He forgets our past sins when we work for His Glory. Be open to Him and expose everything to Him now, while on earth. It will make the transition to heaven much smoother!

Thank you, Lord, for the strength You have given me to let myself be exposed. A favor? Please help me to get everything straightened out before I see You? 

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: