Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lent Day 38 - Anything Can Happen

I believe in every message I've read from Jesus and all of heaven through Anne a lay apostle. As a matter of fact, I hold Jesus to His Words . . . to what He promises us as lay apostles. And, He holds me (and all lay apostles) to helping Him rescue souls through this mission. The graces and blessings I have received in spreading this mission have been beyond anything I could ever have imagined. A few days ago I received a random phone call from a good friend from high school. We keep in touch, but I hadn't talked to her in awhile. She didn't call for any particular reason. As we caught up, I told her I was going to send my book Can You Text Me Directions? to Pope Francis along with a personal letter asking for help and guidance concerning a situation occurring in our diocese. I know it is a long shot the Holy Father would ever receive my book. But I have faith that if Jesus wants it to happen, He will make it happen. So, my friend says one of her consultants went to Rome for her honeymoon. While on a tour of the Vatican, a nun befriended the couple and they have stayed in touch with her since. This nun happens to be close to Pope Francis. I could feel the tears well up when she said she would see if she could get this nun's address. With Jesus, anything can happen . . . 

In todays Gospel (John 10:31-42), Jesus attempts to "educate" again:


The Jews picked up rocks to stone Jesus. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.” Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, ‘You are gods”‘?  If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and Scripture cannot be set aside, can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?  If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me; but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.” Then they tried again to arrest him; but he escaped from their power.

He went back across the Jordan to the place where John first baptized, and there he remained.  Many came to him and said, “John performed no sign, but everything John said about this man was true.” And many there began to believe in him.


In the Monthly Message of November 2007, Jesus urges us to be His Light on earth:



"Show constant compassion, never judgement, to those who do not understand what they lack. I am trying to show you, My beloved apostle, that you have begun a journey that must be taken by each person who will spend eternity in the family of God. If others delay the journey, that is their affair. My beloved apostles understand that this journey, the journey to holiness, is the most important journey they will ever take. This is your first priority, My friends. Continue to make your pledge and I will see to it that you become holier."

Lay apostles, I used to try to control everything in my environment . . . which I now see as thinking I knew how to do things better than God. My grip was so tight I finally got to a breaking point . . . I couldn't do it alone anymore. Then along came the Volumes. It's been 8 years since I read Volume One. Christ has shown me time after time that when I let Him have all the control, He can do miraculous things! Boy oh boy, I have seen a few miracles since 2006. So maybe, just maybe, my book will be in the hands of our dear Pope Francis some day . . . if it's His Will, anything can happen!

Thank you, Lord, for knowing what is best for me . . . keeping me humble . . . and allowing so many blessings in my life! 

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: