Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Moments of Uncertainty

Most days, I feel strong and fearless knowing Jesus is here with me at all times. But there are moments I feel panic setting in when thinking about what my future holds. Worries about finances, children, grandchildren, relationships, and career creep into my thoughts when I least expect it . . . before my morning coffee, during a workout, and especially when I have writer's block.  Logically, I know I need to stay in the present.  But as most of us know, worry is something we must actively suppress or we may begin to feel ambushed.  In Volume Nine, Jesus has this to say about worry:

"Ask yourself again if you are overwhelmed. When you are worrying about the future there is always a risk of becoming frightened because you have the graces only for the present. You are given what you need for this moment. Remain with Me, with Mary your mother, and the saints and angels. We are not in the future. We are not in the past. We are here, in the present, and you are one part of our powerful team."

For today, if we become overwhelmed, let's remember we are part of a very powerful, heavenly team.  If we don't do our part, how can Jesus' Light flow through us to those in darkness?   Right now, say a quick Our Father, praying we remain in the present today.  Jesus has big plans for us, lay apostles!  I, for one, want to be on the winning team!  Team Jesus! 

Thank you, Lord, for reminding me, through Your words in the Volumes, I need to remain where You and all of heaven are, in the present.  I am so thankful to be on Your team!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: