Friday, January 27, 2012

Weeds

Weeds. No matter how often I pluck them out of the planters on my back porch, they seem to creep back relentlessly. I have come to the conclusion weeds are just a part of having outdoor plants and I will always have to pull the little suckers out!

Praying this morning, I began to think about those weeds and how they represent all the difficulties which spring up in our daily lives despite our best effort to suppress or eradicate them. We know, as Christians, there will be suffering. It's inevitable. In the March 1, 2007 Monthly Message, Jesus has this to say about the weeds:

“Your holiness blossoms under the prudent and watchful care of the Divine Gardner. You may wish to advance more quickly. You may sigh at the labours necessary for advancing in holiness. I understand both of these things but I tell you today that you should not be discouraged. It is I, Jesus, after all, who contemplates your soul and determines the speed with which you need to progress to arrive at the perfect place at the correct time. If you were to move too quickly, you might miss this mark. If you were to stop labouring, you would not advance as far as I require. Be at peace in the place where you are spiritually and understand that I am ministering to you constantly there. Be also at peace that you must labour for holiness, moving constantly forward in virtue. I am with you. I take your willingness to serve and your willingness to become holier and truly I flow great things into your soul and into the world. I ask that each apostle find quiet during this time, allowing silence to prune the weeds that spring up in each day’s activity. We work together on your soul, as I have said, and I, Jesus, expect that there is work to be done. If I did not expect that your soul needed work, I would say that you had advanced far enough and I would take you to heaven.”

Let's all practice pruning our weeds in silence as Jesus suggests. For those who know me, silence is a virtue I am working steadily on and hope to achieve one day!

Thank you, Lord, for allowing the weeds to help me move forward in holiness. I will continue to work on my soul in expectation of the day no more work is needed and I am called home!

God bless,

Bonnie


No comments: