Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A time to be brave

I DO NOT like surprises. Period. From an early age, I developed a coping mechanism that has withstood the test of time. When contemplating relationships, ventures, physical ailments, or life decisions, I ALWAYS look at the worst case scenario and best case scenario before making a move. If I prepare for the worst, there will be no surprises, just some sadness or disappointment. I can handle that. Surprises do sneak in once in a while, though. Some like a punch in the gut; others are sheer heaven. Anticipating a negative outcome draws me closer to Jesus. No matter how devastating the news, He will be ready with open arms to console . . . if you let Him.

In the Monthly Message on July 2008, Jesus tells us:

"It is always the best decision to rely on the One who loves you perfectly and holds, in His heart, the perfect plan for your time on earth. Why would you let fear diminish your joy? Why would you let anxiety for yourself or others eradicate the joy that is available to you in the present moment? My dearest apostles, you live in the present, not the future. If the present is difficult, I am there. If the future becomes difficult, I will be there, too. You will not be abandoned and your loved ones will not be abandoned. Ultimately, the greater the trust in Me, the greater the joy in each moment. I want you to abandon fear. I want you to cast yourself into the providence that surrounds you. Fear is a snare for you or I would not treat it so seriously. Ask Me now for greater trust and I will give it to you. Ask Me now for greater joy and I will give that to you, also. It is important that others see in you an accurate reflection of the graces heaven makes available to apostles. Do not hide these graces away. Let these graces flow out from you to those around you. Share what is good, dear apostles, not what is bad. Share what comes from Me and you will help to draw others back into our family. I am telling you that I have greater graces available to you so make your Jesus happy and ask for these graces. You will be blessed with all that you need and joy will be yours. Be at peace. I will never abandon you."

Today my blog entry was written for a very dear friend who just received a cancer diagnosis. He is a brave man and I know the Lord is holding him lovingly in His arms right now, consoling any worries. I love you and promise to be just a phone call away, always!

Thank you, Lord, for placing this man in my life. I have learned so much from him, allowing me to draw closer to You.

God bless,

Bonnie

No comments: