Monday, February 27, 2012

Refresh my soul, O Lord!

Have you ever been given news that throws you for a loop?  A complete surprise?  How we take the news is in our control.  We can either obsess with what this means for the future, causing panic, or, we can take it calmly knowing He is in charge of it all.  As strong as I like to think I am, I am human.  I can appear calm on the outside, but on the inside I'm a little sad, even scared sometimes.  Luckily, Jesus swoops in when I go there and reminds me He is by my side.  He will not let me go through anything alone.  I feel His love when I see my two pregnant daughters excited about the new life growing within; my youngest daughter sitting next to me in Mass safe and healthy; and in new babies He has brought into this world.  Keep the focus off of yourself, and everything becomes a breath of fresh air.

In Volume One, the Blessed Mother gives us a way to refresh our souls:

“Little child, heed His words. He speaks with such love and wisdom. You will not find this wisdom on the earth or from an earthly source. You will not find happiness on the earth or from an earthly source. Do you want to be happy? Are you tired of being sad, discouraged, and joyless? Come back to us now, in obedience, and we will minister to your fatigue and sadness. We will refresh you and after we have refreshed you and healed you, we will set about saving the world. You will not be alone any longer, little soul. We have complete forgiveness for you. Together we will step away, as we leave your past sins and failures behind. Take my hand little child of my heart, and your mother will lead you to every spiritual success. Truly, you will not even believe how we intend to change your life.”

Thank you, Lord, for calming me when I start to "go there."  And, for reminding me of the beauty you grace Your world with on a daily basis.

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: