Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ask and You Shall Receive

Most mornings I wake up ready to serve the Lord, trusting in His every direction for my day. But, this morning I woke up with the weight of the world on my heart.  Anxiety crept in overnight causing me to question if I was headed in the right direction with my life.  To snap myself out of this self-doubt, I began my morning prayers, asking for His guidance.  Now, Jesus knows I need to be slapped in the face with an answer because I am usually second-guessing myself.  He responds so quickly at times, reassuring me of His continual presence.   After my prayers, I logged on to write my blog entry for today.  Staring at the blank "compose" screen in front of me, I contemplated what I would write about.  No joke, within seconds the phone rang.  It was a phone call from a young man working for the DFOT mission.  Our discussion reassured me I was on the right track.  Boy, Jesus never ceases to amaze me!  When looking for a quote today, I came across this in Volume Four, from God the Father:  

"My children of the world, I would like you to ask Me for everything you need. I am your Father and in this time I seek to be available to each one of you in a clear way. Ask Me for what you require and I will see that you have it. You are accustomed to fulfilling every need through the world. In this way, you forgot to look toward heaven. Now you will look to heaven again and that is as it should be. Cry out to your Father, who sees all and takes all into consideration. You will become dependent on Me as past generations were dependent on Me. This is natural and holy."

We all have moments of self-doubt, don't we?  During those moments, ask God for what you need and listen for His answer.  It will come in some way, shape or form. Whether it be a phone call or an unexpected email, whatever it is, trust He is guiding your life and in control.  

Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers so quickly at times, and for the patience to wait when the answer takes a little longer than I anticipated!

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: