Monday, January 6, 2014

The Divine Healer

Jesus Christ the Returning King healed me . . . healed my soul. It was a process and didn't happen overnight. With every message I read in the Volumes, my relationship with Christ became stronger . . . clearer. Although my choices in life weren't always ideal, they were my choices . . . decisions made to the best of my ability. I could control it all on my own after all. Or so I thought. Messages from Jesus revealed how sick my soul was, how childhood circumstances created insecurities causing me to build brick walls around my heart. As the walls began to crumble, I became vulnerable to the world . . . and to Christ. Not an easy thing for me at first. But once humility kicked in (thank you, St. Faustina!), I could handle just about anything with calm and peace. And it continues to this day. Don't get me wrong, situations can still cause me to misstep, but it's usually just a stumble I recover from quickly. Jesus is the Divine Healer, if you let Him be. 

In todays Gospel (Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25), it's clear Jesus can heal every wound:

When Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew to Galilee.  He left Nazareth and went to live in Capernaum by the sea, in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali, that what had been said through Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled:

Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles, the people who sit in darkness have seen a great light, on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death light has arisen.

From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

He went around all of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, and curing every disease and illness among the people.  His fame spread to all of Syria, and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases and racked with pain, those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics, and he cured them.  And great crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, and Judea, and from beyond the Jordan followed him.


In Anne a lay apostle's book Serving in Clarity, Jesus encourages us to keep focused on Him, continuing to serve despite our suffering:



"I know what consoles you and gives you comfort. In the same way, you understand what consoles Me, what lifts Me and gives Me comfort. Shall I remind you? Love. Love gives Me solace in a time when there is great hatred. I look to you and I see suffering, yes, pain, of course, but also love. I see that you suffer for Me and this sustains Me. I see your sacrifices and I see your wounds, and yet you continue to serve your King. You do not melt away into the world as others have. You do not allow your heart to be hardened as some do. You work constantly to allow Me access as the Divine Healer. I require constant access to your little heart, it is true, but you give that to Me through your time in prayer and your willingness to be honest in assessing your actions and motives. Dearest apostle, walk with Me as one of My guards of honor. I love you immeasurably. I will care for everything and I will never fail to sustain you. Bring Me your fears constantly, in every moment. I will eradicate them. If you walk closely with Me, you will exert less effort and I will sow a heavenly garden in your soul as we proceed." 

Lay apostles, we all have wounds in need of The Divine Healer. Let Him in. Let Him comfort you. Continue to serve Him with joy. You will be surprised at how quickly He works!


Thank you, Lord, for healing my heart and soul. You have opened my eyes through this apostolate and showed me how complete trust in You heals every wound.


God bless,

Bonnie

No comments: