Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Miracles Right Before Our Eyes . . . But Are They Real?

How many times have you witnessed something miraculous happening to others, or even to yourself? And then the next day wondering when the next "miracle" will occur? Man, I know I've been there before. But now I take nothing for granted. He has blessed me with so many "miracles," I choose to focus on those, thankful for everything. If I remain focused on what I don't have, still wanting, I miss out on so many opportunities to thank Him, showing my love for Him. I just rocked my grandson Colton to sleep (hence my ability to get some writing done!), looking at his beautiful, peaceful face as he was falling asleep. One of the many miracles God has placed in my life. And I get to focus on this little miracle three days a week. Yes, miracles are real . . . and right before our eyes.


Two of my little "miracles." Grandsons Colton and Connor!

Todays Gospel (Mark 6:45-52) demonstrates how even the apostles witnessed miracles, yet continued to question if they were real:


After the five thousand had eaten and were satisfied, Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and precede him to the other side toward Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. And when he had taken leave of them, he went off to the mountain to pray. When it was evening, 
the boat was far out on the sea and he was alone on shore. Then he saw that they were tossed about while rowing, for the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them. But when they saw him walking on the sea, they thought it was a ghost and cried out. They had all seen him and were terrified.  But at once he spoke with them, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid!” He got into the boat with them and the wind died down. They were completely astounded. They had not understood the incident of the loaves. On the contrary, their hearts were hardened.

In Volume Four, Jesus explains His Love is real:



"Let me tell you about Me, so you will understand who loves you, and who it is you are being called to follow. I walked your earth as you do. I saw the failings of mankind as you see them. I was grieved at the injustices, in the same way that you are grieved when you see things that are not fair. Did I grow bitter? No. I did not. Why was that? Because I am God? No. I was God on earth but I was God trapped in man’s body and constrained by the limitations of the body. I did this so that when it came time for you to follow Me you could not say that it was easy for Me because I was God. I did not use My divinity except during the last three years and then only to heal, cure, and otherwise support My claim that I was the King of Heaven, come down to lead all back to the Father. I did not waste miracles on those who would reject Me, regardless of proof of My divinity. Do you intend to reject Me? You are Mine, dearest soul. Come back to Me that I may introduce you to love and joy." 

Lay apostles, are you dismissing past miracles which have occurred in your life? Take a minute and think about all you have been blessed with. Good health? Children? Grandchildren? The comfort of shelter in the cold? A car to drive? A cell phone to connect with others? Strong Faith? The list can go on and on. Don't take anything for granted. Look for the miracles every day . . . you will be surprised by all He graces us with!


Thank you, Lord, for all the miracles in my life . . .  Jay, our girls, sons-in-law, grandsons, family, friends and all the other blessings too numerous to write down!


God bless,

Bonnie

No comments: