Thursday, April 4, 2013

Time to Trust

Easter was a wonderful day. Not only because we celebrated Christ's Ressurection, but because it was time with family and friends . . . and one of the cutest little boys on this earth, my grandson Colton. Such a sight to behold:

Colton laughing at his daddy!

This is a time of new hope. It's also time to begin making choices with Jesus in mind. Ask yourself a few questions the next time you are in a quandary. Am I responding with humility or ego? Is my decision based on what I want or what's best for Christ's sake? It's so easy to get caught up in the muck of this world. Choosing Christ's way isn't always easy, but it's the only option we must allow ourselves. 


In todays Gospel (Luke 24:35-48), Jesus still has a little convincing to do:

The disciples of Jesus recounted what had taken place along the way, and how they had come to recognize him in the breaking of bread.

While they were still speaking about this, he stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” But they were startled and terrified and thought that they were seeing a ghost.
Then he said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts?
Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.” And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, he asked them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them.

He said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and in the prophets and psalms must be fulfilled.” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said to them, “Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.”


In Volume Five, St. Thomas the Apostle encourages us to believe even when we may be doubting:


I had the greatest of faith on earth, truly, but when you live on earth, and you are following Jesus, there are times when you are asked to believe what is inconceivable to the limitations of human thinking. It is at that time that you must turn joyfully to heaven and say, 'Jesus, I trust in you, I believe in you, and I will follow you.' Those simple words should be said all the day long. There will come times when you will feel your faith wavering. This is
perfectly normal, dear followers. You may expect to confront doubts at some time during your service. This should not affect your service in any way. Say those words and cry out to me, Thomas, and I will console you and comfort you while I simultaneously turn to the Throne and pray, interceding for you until the time of challenge has passed."

Lay apostles, there are things I don't like . . . for example, uncomfortable situations or people with ulterior motives. But I'm calmer now, more prayerful. And, most importantly, I trust in Jesus! Every once in a while my ire will get stirred up, but I am quick to let it go. Living a life completely trusting Christ is so much more peaceful . . . even easier. As much as I wish I had read the Volumes at a young age, I do have the ability to make sure my girls and grandchildren read them and do their best to live the messages. Although Colton is only 7 1/2 months, I try to read the children's books Jesus Speaks to Children and Mary, the Blessed Mother Speaks to Children every once in a while (he is at the stage where we get through maybe half a page and he wants to pull it out of my hands!). My grandsons will know Jesus as my daughters do. It's never too late to start!

Thank you, Lord, for placing the Volumes in my life to pass on to my children and grandchildren. I trust You can take it from there!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: