Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chinese Bamboo

Guest blogger today is the love of my life, Jay!

There is a certain type of bamboo the Chinese plant and continue to water. In year one, two, three and four, not one sprout appears. However, in year five, the bamboo can ascend to 90 feet. Did all the growth occur in year five? Isn't it difficult for those planting to witness no apparent growth for four solid years? It doesn't appear to be easy, but with a little faith, the rewards are great with sustained efforts.

In todays Gospel (John 6:60-69), the disciples ask Jesus how to accept the challenge:

Many of the disciples of Jesus who were listening said, “This saying is hard; who can accept it?” Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, “Does this shock you? What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the Spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe.” Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him. And he said, “For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father.”

As a result of this, many of his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer walked with him. Jesus then said to the Twelve, “Do you also want to leave?” Simon Peter answered him, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God.”


In Volume One, Jesus instructs us His ways are not the ways of the world:


"I want My chosen souls to reflect on the value of obedience. Only through obedience can I bring about the movement toward perfection within you. Your current world scoffs at obedience. Even children do not obey their parents and are not punished for their transgressions. I want My souls to be obedient and they will see their faith bloom like a flower. Truly, I will reward them in an unparalleled manner during these times. I want to point out that souls, while being disobedient in matters of faith, are obedient to the impulses and cravings of their bodies. Your bodies are making slaves of you, dear chosen souls. It must not continue. You must bring your bodies under submission so that your soul will be freed to contemplate matters of faith. Do you want to be with Me? I am here for you. But you must clear the path for Me. You must listen for Me. To do that, dear chosen souls, you must free yourselves from these attachments that hold you under submission. I am with you and will fight these battles for you, if only you will let Me. This is what it means to be My follower. You need worry over nothing."

Lay apostles, are you patient in allowing God's will to develop in His timing? Do you trust His plan for your life? These are questions I ask myself every day. I often share my business plan with Him, but at the same time ask for His will to be done. Many times it looks as though He hasn't read or heard my business plan. His outcomes are always so much better and for that I thank God.

Thank you, Lord, for illuminating my path when sometimes I can't see where one exists.

In humility and gratitude,
Jay

No comments: