Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Regret

Regret . . . such a lonely, sad word. I have made plenty of poor choices in my life which I used to regret. But I don't anymore. I now know I needed every one of those experiences in order to become the person I am now. In order to become the woman Jay fell in love with. Jesus knows I am a work in progress. Everything I do, I do with Him in my heart. I will have no regrets the day He calls me home.

Todays first reading (Acts 2:36-41) shows us there was still much work to be done by the apostles after Jesus was crucified:

On the day of Pentecost, Peter said to the Jewish people, “Let the whole house of Israel know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and they asked Peter and the other Apostles, “What are we to do, my brothers?” Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is made to you and to your children
and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call.” He testified with many other arguments, and was exhorting them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”  Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day.


In Volume Three, our Blessed Mother calls us to action now so we have no regrets later:


"Trust that God has your best interests at heart and that through you, He protects the interests of the souls under your care. Be watchful, for any opportunity to serve. Encourage others to adapt this same attitude of alert helpfulness to heaven. Do you think God would be pleased with a job that is half-done? It will disappoint Him and I promise you, if you disappoint Him, you will be grieved. Your heart will be sorrowful and there is nothing worse, my children, than regret and sadness over opportunities lost. I have said that, and you have understood. So we begin today. God loves you right now, and God wishes you to concentrate on what you are to do for Him today. He has projects assigned for you that will rely on your special gifts."

Lay apostles, we all have regrets. But Jesus doesn't hold them against us. He gives us a clean slate every minute of our lives if we repent. So, let go of any regrets you hold on to and view them as lessons learned. Give yourself a break.

Thank you, Lord, for releasing me from all my regrets. Thank you for the necessary lessons I needed which lead me to You!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: