Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Created To Serve


As a young child, I could make a killer mixed drink for my father.  Jim Beam and 7-up.  I can still remember the taste of the whiskey on my finger after manually stirring my perfect concoction to serve him after a long day of work.  I would proudly hand him the cocktail while he reclined in his favorite chair, feet elevated.  He would take one sip, tell me it tasted perfect, then give me the biggest hug and kiss for serving him.  I would offer to make another drink about every 15 or 20 minutes just to feel the love. Yes, my father had an alcohol problem, but was never angry, abusive or hateful.  Just happy to numb himself while dealing with my mother's bipolar ups and downs every night. I learned early that serving equaled love.  Serving God is, in a way, like serving my father . . . all I want is to please Him and make Him happy. And todays Scripture (Jer 15:10,16-21) reminds us of the graces He is ready to bestow when we commit service to and for Him:
Thus the LORD answered me: If you repent, so that I restore you, in my presence you shall stand; If you bring forth the precious without the vile, you shall be my mouthpiece. Then it shall be they who turn to you, and you shall not turn to them; And I will make you toward this people a solid wall of brass. Though they fight against you, they shall not prevail, For I am with you, to deliver and rescue you, says the LORD. I will free you from the hand of the wicked, and rescue you from the grasp of the violent.
In Volume Three, God the Father promises us that serving Him on earth will be rewarded in heaven:
“Souls who have waited for this time, your wait is nearly over. You have struggled valiantly. Continue to do so for the moment, knowing that your God is grateful. How happy you will be that you served heaven while you remained on earth. I cannot reveal all of heaven’s secrets because your humanity would not withstand such knowledge and truly, you would insist on coming home immediately. But I will reveal some of the joys that await you. It is My will to do this because in this time, souls on earth doubt the very existence of heaven. This spiritual starvation has left many without hope, so in response, I have willed that Jesus, Mary, His mother, and many saints give you both guidance and heavenly information. I Myself am speaking to you now to give you the path or map to these times. I will not leave souls abandoned in such darkness. I have always provided My children in earthly exile with prophets and I do so now in many areas of the world. You must see with your eyes, dear souls. Do not turn away from My heavenly direction as through it I give the extra help that many need. If you are called upon to assist with the spreading of these words, do so in all joy. Your reward will not disappoint you.”

Lay apostles, now, more than ever, we need to unite bringing God's love and messages to all those lost or in darkness.  Serve God and others today.  Not next week, next month, or next year.  You will be glad you made the effort come the day you are face to face with our Savior.

Thank you, Lord for teaching me that to serve is to love. 

God bless,
Bonnie



No comments: