Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: It's a Scary Thing

Everything comes with a price.  Everybody expects something in return. From an early age, I developed the attitude of "I can do it myself."  Repercussions, when I didn't live up to the expectations of others, could be brutal, despite doing the best I could.  I learned to rely on myself, having very little trust in the good deeds performed on my behalf. Just when I would think the winds were shifting in my direction, a hurricane would appear out of nowhere. Inconsistency drives me nuts. So, what happens when someone consistently acts in a loving manner toward me with no expectations of anything in return?  Revolt, of course, right? Revert back to my old ways, keeping the wall of bricks around my heart? It's a scary thing when a change occurs . . . being vulnerable and believing I am worth loving.  But trusting in Jesus as I do, I have let myself become exposed.  The result is I have found true love, my husband Jay.  Good changes can be frightening, but accepting the good with love and thankfulness is heavenly.

Today's Gospel (Luke 7:11-17) teaches us to believe in good changes knowing the Lord can do all things:

Jesus journeyed to a city called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd accompanied him. As he drew near to the gate of the city, a man who had died was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. A large crowd from the city was with her. When the Lord saw her, he was moved with pity for her and said to her, "Do not weep." He stepped forward and touched the coffin; at this the bearers halted, and he said, "Young man, I tell you, arise!" The dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. Fear seized them all, and they glorified God, exclaiming, "A great prophet has arisen in our midst," and "God has visited his people." This report about him spread through the whole of Judea and in all the surrounding region.

In Volume One, Our Lady lovingly guides us straight to her Son assuring change for Him is the path to salvation:

"Remember to pray, children. In this way, every action throughout your day can be sanctified. Think of all the small tasks you complete, barely giving any thought to them. If you offer them to us with love, we can use even the smallest action for the salvation of sinners. It is time now to pay attention. Do not put our words down and forget them. I want you to act in obedience to our words and let them change your life. It will feel like the most natural thing in the world, this transition to holiness. Once you make the decision, begin to pray. Once you begin to pray, obedience will come naturally. After obedience, we can move you swiftly to great levels of holiness. My dear one, you will then see the coming of God’s kingdom. The more you obey, the more we can reveal to you. There are many souls who allow their lives to be led by the enemy. They are leading others after them. This must cease. Answer “yes” to your mother and feel the closeness of Jesus, my Son. He will change you and introduce great beauty to your life. Be at peace as you follow the path to holiness. We are with you, and ask only that you do your best."

Lay apostles, what's changing in your life right now?  A new job?  A new relationship? A child leaving for college? Whatever it is, let go of fear and look for the good in these changes. Believe Jesus is leading you on a journey and has your back.  Look at each new situation as a chance to shine the Light of Jesus with love and compassion.  If things don't work out the way you expected, know Jesus is taking you off course to avoid a wipeout. Face every day with the knowledge you are loved, no matter what, by our heavenly Father. He is all we need.  Everyone else is icing on the cake!

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me to be open to change, accepting the fact I am worthy of love and respect. Because of my full trust in You, You led me to Jay. I am forever grateful!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: