Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Well Worth It

(This is from 18Feb2013)

It was a long day today. I picked up my grandson Colton around 10:30am to run to Best Buy to purchase a new router. He was in a wonderful mood, giggling as I made a complete fool of myself in the store.  I loved every second of it. Got to my house and all went as it usually does. He went down for his nap and I was able to install the new router with the help of a friend on the phone. Just as I finished, Colt began fussing, and wanted to be in perpetual motion from that moment until his daddy picked him up. We went outside and it kept him happy until I sat down of course (he weighed in at 20lbs at his 6 month checkup . . . big boy!). He rocked on his rocking horse for a bit until he was bored. We read books and did just about anything I could think of. His first tooth emerged last week with another one about to break through, so it has been a rough few weeks for his mommy and daddy, let alone our sweet baby boy!  As much as I hate to admit I am aging, the fact remains, I am. My stamina isn't what it used to be. Despite complete exhaustion after watching Colt, I wouldn't trade one minute of wet kisses on my cheek, arms extended when I say "come to grammie," the feel of this little boy asleep in my arms, and the little bit of comfort I can bring my daughter knowing her son is in loving hands while she is at work. Service to others. It's what Jesus asks of us. Our salvation depends on it. In whatever way you serve on a daily basis, just serve with Him in mind. It is well worth it.

In the Gospel from 18Feb2013 (Matthew 25:31-46), Jesus explains the importance of service:

Jesus said to his disciples: “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him.  And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ 

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

In Volume One, our Blessed Mother urgently calls us to serve her Son:


"Children, Jesus is trying to tell you gently that you must join Him now. Not later, but now. The time of darkness is mercifully near its end and Jesus is going to intervene in the world in an extraordinary fashion. You must be prepared and that is why we are sending you these messages. Do not ignore the prophets we send as an act of extended mercy. Can you imagine how you will feel if you have been warned but failed to respond? Can you ignore Jesus after He has shown you so much love? Can you continue, possibly, to turn your back on Him? Of course not. Because in your heart you know that Jesus is the Way, and you know that He calls you for the last time in this world. My children must obey their God and hasten to assist Him. Be on our side, dear child. Our side is the side of love. Our side is the side of obedience. Our side is the side of light, happiness, and service to others. There is no real choice for you. Your God cries out to you sharply and you must answer Him. I, your heavenly mother, will help you. We are doing everything. We need only your “yes” to unleash all manner of graces upon you. Your mother blesses you and helps you in every decision, including the decision to serve. Be at peace with your service to Christ, little one, as it is the only correct decision."

Lay apostles, how are you serving today?  Each morning, begin with an attitude of service to others. By doing so, you are also serving Our Lord. Personally, I want to be in the group on His right!

Thank you, Lord, for all the opportunities You provide in a day to serve others. Help me to always be aware of those in need, and provide the knowledge essential to fulfill those needs.

God bless,
Bonnie 

No comments: