Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Journey Begins

Last night at Mass, as I held my grandson Colton, I thought about new beginnings. Every Lent we get a "do over." A time to reflect on where we got it wrong over the last year.  A time to look deeper into our hearts to try, once again, aligning ourselves with Christ. If you're like me, a valiant effort was made to change . . . to pray more, to help build the Kingdom of God, to continue climbing the mountain of holiness. But just as New Year's resolutions fade after a few months, I find myself slacking in areas I worked hard to develop in my prayer life last Lent. For example, praying the Rosary. I got to the point I was praying it every day with my morning coffee. Then life gets busy and other activities take its place. So I'm sitting here contemplating why I let something as important as the Rosary be replaced with other "time fillers." Maybe it's laziness on my part. But now is not the time to be lazy, lay apostles. The timing of Volume Five being released is no coincidence. I was blessed to have received a copy of it while I was in Ireland this past December. I truly believe Jesus has chosen Lent to reveal His words of Truth and encouragement during a time of reflection and prayer. After reading Volume Five, I knew God was serious about me becoming very focused. Jesus is loving but firm in the messages. We, lay apostles, are so very blessed to have the Volumes and all the messages in Anne's writings. I feel completely prepared for His return, as does Jay. If you haven't read all the Volumes, begin now. Then, when Volume Five is available, you will see how our dear, sweet Jesus has given us what we need to prepare for the day He comes in all His Glory! 

My adorable little Catholic grandsons on their first Ash Wednesday!





In todays Gospel (Luke 9:22-25), Jesus tells us to take up our crosses . . . with no fear:

Jesus said to his disciples: “The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised.”

Then he said to all, “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. What profit is there for one to gain the whole world yet lose or forfeit himself?”


Here is a small clip from Volume Five. Jesus the Redeemer is asking us to repent now, for HIs Mercy is abundant:

"Any person who makes an act of sorrow and contrition for his sins will know Me instantaneously and be the recipient of My Light and guidance. I am a God of mercy, first and foremost, but I am also a God of justice. My justice, tendered with mercy, will flow into your world. Be joyful, followers of heaven, for your prayer will be answered and your souls liberated." 

Lay apostles, where is your journey beginning this Lent? What are you focusing on? For me, there are a few things:

1. Pray the Rosary every day.
2. Reread Volume Five with Jay
3. More nights with the TV off.

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to begin my journey yet another year. I am much wiser than last year, but please give me the persistance to spend more time in prayer and reflection. 

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: