Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where the Wind Blows

Last night comforting my grandson while my daughter jumped in the shower, I began singing the lullaby Rock A Bye Baby.  It has been a long time since that song crossed my lips.  Cradling him in my arms as I sang, he stared peacefully at me the entire time (yes, a little heaven on earth!).  Christ's presence enveloped me as I gazed back at this baby boy. Love flooded my heart and everything in the world was right and perfect. As tears ran down my cheeks, I wondered how anyone could deny God.  Deny what His Son endured for our sins.


In today's Gospel (John 3:7b-15), Jesus is trying to help Nicodemus understand what He is all about.  He describes believing without seeing perfectly:

“The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

In Volume Four, Jesus again helps those who struggle with belief in Him:

“The temporary peace offered by the world numbs your pain for a time, leading you to believe you have found the object of your search. Then that feeling wears off and you begin to search again, always looking for that thing which can only be found in Me. Shall I minister to you? Would you like Me to infuse your soul with courage and joy? Dear one, that is what I do for My true followers. They do not escape life’s difficulties. They have a steadiness that sets them apart from those who do not follow Me and who do not take advantage of heaven’s gifts. I want to share these gifts. On this day I want you to tell Me all day long that you believe in Me. You may not feel this. You may have a difficult time even forming the words. But in your heart, all of this day, tell Me this. I can then give you graces that will help your disbelief. We will begin to shift the stubborn doubts sowed by the father of lies. You have nothing to lose. You have tried many other remedies for your discontent. Some of you have abused your bodies in an attempt to quiet the cries of your soul. I want you to think of Me as another remedy for any difficult symptoms you are experiencing. If I do not keep My promise, to grant you peace and joy, then you may continue your search. But you must give Me a chance and to do that you must spend time in silence with Me.”



Today, lay apostles, if situations arise where you feel unrest, go to Jesus for your solutions, not the world.  He is right beside you, ALWAYS!

Thank you, Lord, for reminding me of Your presence through the eyes of my grandson.  You are so good to me!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: