Thursday, April 26, 2012

Joyful Noise

My grandson has so many noises.  Sweet baby noises to this grammie's ears.  He has his "I'm breastfeeding and happy" noise; he has his "my diaper needs to be changed NOW" noise; and the noise I love the most, the little sighs when he is snug in my arms fast asleep. In the moment, I can't imagine anything more joyful.


In todays Responsorial Psalm (Ps 66:8-9), the psalmist proclaims: Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.



Bless our God, you peoples, loudly sound his praise; He has given life to our souls, and has not let our feet slip.

There is so much to be joyful about, lay apostles.  We have been chosen to be part of this rescue mission!  That alone is enough to sustain, even when joy has temporarily escaped.  

In Volume One, our Blessed Mother lovingly speaks of participating in God’s heavenly plan:

"How great is our God, that He spends such time leading His children back to Him. He is patient and good and you must also be patient and good. Look up to heaven with gratitude and joy today because your God has chosen you to implement His heavenly plan. The angels and saints stand ready to assist you in your needs. You must never be afraid, little ones. We will never leave you."


Heading home next week will be rough.  I can't imagine waking up without seeing my beautiful grandson every morning. But life is like that. Instead of focusing on the sorrow, I know crying out to God with joy will contribute to His heavenly plan and my role in this beautiful apostolate.

Thank you, Lord, for calling me to be a part of this mission. And especially for all the joyful noise You have brought into my life.

God bless,
Bonnie



No comments: