Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Moments Notice

My prayers go out to all those affected by the tornados in the midwest.  Such devastation and recovery require an abundance of faith. Faith to see past the difficulties and loss knowing God has a plan for each one of us.  Each journey is filled with hardships.  Do we shut down and blame God for our losses or offer our suffering to Him and for Him?  He can create miracles out of desperation.  Be bold in your faith and He will lead you.

The first reading today (Monday) from Acts 4:23-31 teaches us to never fear consequences of speaking the Truth:

And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and enable your servants to speak your word with all boldness, as you stretch forth your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are done through the name of your holy servant Jesus." As they prayed, the place where they were gathered shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.

In the October 2006 Monthly Message, Jesus comforts us when it seems all is lost:



"My children, I am with you. Your God, your Creator, speaks this message in so many ways. In every daybreak you must hear My voice saying, ‘I am with you.’ When tempted toward despair because of crosses and hardships, you must hear My whisper saying, ‘I am with you.’ When you look at the work you must do and find it overwhelming, allow me to move you gently into it with perfect assurance that ‘I am with you.’ Dearest apostles, so brave, I am with you. I do not tell you that you will be overcome. I do not tell you that you have been given work that is impossible for you to complete. Those messages do not come from Me. Instead, I tell you that you will persevere and ultimately triumph. Our mission of mercy does not falter, even though the steps of my little apostles sometimes falter. This mission pushes through the world with a steadiness that defies all attempts against it. My apostles experience fear at times. This is not a problem for Me or this mission. Fear is to be expected. Bring your fear to Me and explain to Me exactly what threatens you. If you do this, I can remove your fear."

Lay apostles, fear nothing.  Easier said than done, right?  As strong as my faith is, fear does creep in once in a while.  Situations I face seem overwhelming when I try to figure out my path alone, without Christ.  But when I let Him in to calm my fear, life takes on new meaning.  I realize I can only do what I am capable of doing.  The rest I leave up to Him.

Thank you, Lord, for calming my fears when situations become more than I think I can handle.  Please help me to always keep You by my side no matter what challenges I face.

God bless,
Bonnie






No comments: