Thursday, May 21, 2020

Gospel Thoughts Today: Never Doubt His Presence

Today's Gospel has me pondering everything I have gained from my involvement with the DFOT mission. The list is long, but here are the most important:

1. An intimate relationship with Jesus . . . no doubt He is always with me.
2. The ability to forgive not only those who have hurt me . . . I have forgiven myself.
3. A community of lay apostles all over the world, praying for and supporting each other.
4. The ability, through the Volumes and all Anne's books, to heal myself from my past.
5. Calm and peace . . . in just about everything.
6. I have become a better wife, parent, and a great Mimi!
7. I have become the woman I should have always been . . . who Jay recognized and fell in love with almost 8 years ago.

I owe my life to this mission. Following and believing what Christ says and asks of us makes it, quite frankly, easy. Even the tough times seem like an inconvenience, not a catastrophe. Today, I am thankful for a woman who took on a huge responsibility for Jesus and has taught me to never doubt again. Thank you, Anne, from the bottom of my heart!

In today's Gospel (Matthew 28:16-20), Jesus asks His Twelve to never doubt His Presence:

The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted. Then Jesus approached and said to them, “All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

In the Monthly Message of November 2011, Jesus assures us, as He did in the Gospel, He is always by our side:

"My dear apostles, I am with you. I am with you when you are working, and I am with you when you are resting. I am with you when you are at peace, and I am with you when you are unsettled. You are unsettled less and less, though. As I watch you, struggling for holiness and struggling for My will, I can see that you are advancing. You are becoming stronger and more sure of Me. Even allowing for your human doubts, I can see that you are accepting My comfort daily, which makes it easier for you to come through your trials with less suffering. The greatest suffering is, after all, abandonment. The greatest cross is that of being left alone while craving the comfort and love of someone who is dear to you. My friends, often there is confusion in human relationships which causes terrible suffering. This part of the cross is heavy, indeed, and I, Myself, suffered this. It is during these times that I comfort you with the greatest and most tender graces because I understand the confusion which accompanies abandonment. For Me, it was important to remind myself that My Father would not abandon Me. For you, this is also important. I will never leave you."

Lay apostles, do you try to live the messages in the Volumes? I mean take EVERY one of them to heart? As I have said many times on this blog, read and reread all the messages from heaven. It creates a confidence you wouldn't have believed was possible!

Thank you, Lord, for the confidence instilled in me through Scripture and all the messages given to Anne. This truly is a "rescue mission for souls."

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: