Thursday, May 28, 2020

Gospel Thoughts Today: Do You Feel Loved?



Do you remember the little red pins with "I Am Loved" written in white?

Helzberg Diamonds was and is responsible for spreading three little words which mean so much. Here is a little info on how this button came into being:

Three Little Words that Come From the Heart

Something remarkable happens when you say to yourself, "I Am Loved." And the feeling is infinitely more extraordinary when the sentiment comes from someone else. It's no surprise that Barnett Helzberg Jr.'s idea for a button, printed with these three words, has been so genuinely meaningful to so many people.

Barnett is Loved

I Am Loved® was conceived in 1967 by Barnett Helzberg Jr., the thirty-something, third generation president of Kansas City-based Helzberg Diamonds. A young lady named Shirley Bush had just accepted Barnett's marriage proposal. To know she said yes ... to know he was loved ... Barnett was ecstatic! He wanted to tell the world!


The message on this pin is exactly what Our Lord has been saying all along . . . we are loved. We may not feel earthly love at times, but God's love is unshakeable, constant, and forgiving, as every good Father must emulate (good Mothers, too!).

Today's Gospel (John 17:20-26) makes it undeniable . . . we are loved:

Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying: “I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me. Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them.”


In the booklet Heaven Speaks To Those Who Do Not Know Jesus, it is obvious Jesus is our biggest Cheerleader:

"If you learn to understand Me, you will learn that I want to use your gifts to create harmony in your soul. When you use your gifts and energy for My purposes, you will benefit the whole world. It must be so because I have said it is so and I can speak only the truth. We are all connected. Would you like to benefit the world? Truly, you are capable of this and this is My plan for you. I have so much to give to you in terms of knowledge and wisdom. Teamed with Me, you will flourish and grow to heights you never dreamed possible. Rejoice. You are resting with God, the God of All. This God tells you today that you are loved and needed. Follow this path that springs up before you. Come to Me. Turn in My direction and I will reveal this path that I want you to take. You will feel lightness in your spirit, a relief. You will feel calm. Inside there will quietly burst forth a bud of hope. This bud will blossom, have no fear. The hope you feel in your soul is nourished by the time you spend with Me, seeking truth."

Lay apostles, do you feel the love of Our Savior at all times? It can be a challenge to feel loved in difficult or confusing situations on this earth. Before heading into the pits of despair, stop and say, "I am loved." Say it over and over until you believe it.

Thank you, Lord, for the love You give me unconditionally.

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: