Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Gospel Thoughts Today: The End Goal

"No marriages or babies until you have a college degree in your hands." I can't remember how many times I told my daughters this throughout their lives. I went back to school full-time for a BSN when my youngest was two. Not an easy thing to do when raising three little girls. I am happy to report my mission was completed the day my youngest daughter Taylor graduated with her BS in Photography 5 years ago. I remember a conversation with her after beginning her dream job back then. She lovingly congratulated me on accomplishing exactly what I wanted for my girls. The thing she didn't realize was . . . they all listened to me! They believed what I said. They plowed through the obstacles along the way, never losing sight of the end goal.  What a great metaphor when thinking about being a Christian! We must believe what we read in the Bible and the messages from all of heaven in the Volumes. Living a life driven by the words of Christ will lead us to the end goal . . . heaven. Not always easy, but worth leaping over every hurdle.

In today's Gospel (John 10:22-30), Jesus reassures us He knows who we are:

The feast of the Dedication was taking place in Jerusalem. It was winter.  And Jesus walked about in the temple area on the Portico of Solomon.  So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense?  If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”  Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me. But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.  No one can take them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand.  The Father and I are one.”

In Volume Four, Jesus again asks us to unite ourselves to Him:

"Believe Me when I say to you that you will never have peace, true peace, while you are separated from Me. And your eternity must be considered. You will spend eternity in one of two places, dear little soul. You must give this serious thought and determine where you would like to reside. You say you do not believe in God or you do not believe that God would send people to hell forever. I tell you today that it is not I, the only God there is, who condemns souls to hell. It is the soul himself who chooses to reside in hell. Do you know why the soul chooses hell? Because there are like-minded souls there. A soul who aligns himself with darkness does not choose heaven because that soul would not be comfortable in heaven. You must understand that you can be angry with God but God is not at fault. You can blame God for all that is wrong with your world and perhaps this will work for you on earth. I assure you though, on this day that this will cease to work for you at the moment of your death. At that time there will be only yourself to blame as the Truth is inescapable. You will be facing the one, the only, and the true God and attempting to tell Him that He does not exist. How do you think this will go for you? It will not go well, dear soul, and that is why I am speaking to you now."

Lay apostles, do you find yourself veering off the path to heaven? If you are, think about why. Is it because if you listened to His words you would have to eliminate certain things in your life? Do you lack complete trust in Him because you have been let down in the past? My friends, Jesus only wants what is good for us. He wants us to make choices with Him in mind. Letting go of behaviors or habits which lead us away from Him can be freeing rather than restraining. Take the first step . . . just a baby step . . . and get back on track. He is waiting with open arms!

Thank you, Lord, for allowing my daughters to accomplish their goals in life with You in mind. Please continue to lead them in their careers/lives to do everything for Your Glory!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: