Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: Giving Up Control

Seven years ago I could never have imagined my life today. Prior to meeting my husband Jay, I tried to stay focused on Jesus and His will for me after my divorce. The more I gave up control to Christ, the more peaceful I became. The more I strived to climb the mountain of holiness, the more intimate my relationship with Him became. I finally reached the point of no return . . . no amount of criticism could take the calm out of my heart. No situation could bring back the old control freak Bonnie (well, there have been instances causing my ire to percolate!). When I immerse myself in the Sacred Heart of Jesus, I am completely protected. Writing this blog for Him, putting into practice what He tells us in Scripture and in the messages through Anne . . .  prepared me to be the woman I needed to be that day I met Jay, almost seven years ago. And, every day we are together is one more day to give thanks and praise. Everything for His Glory!

Today's Gospel (Mark 10:28-31), Jesus tells us to live for Him while we are on this earth:

Peter began to say to Jesus, ‘We have given up everything and followed you.” Jesus said, “Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands for my sake and for the sake of the Gospel who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age: houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and eternal life in the age to come. But many that are first will be last, and the last will be first.”

In Anne a lay apostle's book Climbing the Mountain, she encourages us to keep focused on climbing:

"We serve where Christ has placed us, some in obscurity, others in the eyes of the world. We accept our crosses and carry them with the certainty that Jesus draws great graces from our cooperation and uses these graces for the conversion of sinners and the good of the Kingdom. Indeed, the renewal is being fueled by the small daily sacrifice and service of each lay apostle. Consider a mountain. On that mountain is a path that has been marked out carefully for each of us by Jesus. Jesus is at the top. The world is at the bottom. If we get on that path and begin to climb, we will reach Jesus. We climb the mountain through our daily “yes” to Jesus. People say that they do not know the will of God, but God will not hide His will. We must spend time in silence and ask Jesus and He will tell us where our path lies on this mountain of holiness. Most of us need look no further than to our vocations. Our path is usually marked out with the daily duties of these vocations and it is always best to begin at that point. In this time of transition, Jesus needs souls to find their path and start climbing. The higher we climb, the more grace and light Jesus flows through us into this world and the greater the number of souls saved. We praise God for the way He allows us to participate in this renewal."

Lay apostles, we aren't guaranteed tomorrow. Sometimes life seems to be going in one direction and takes a complete U-turn when you least expect it. We never know what He has in store for us right around the corner . . . trust Him and thank Him for everything going on in your life. And He will take you to new vistas you never dreamed possible.

Thank you, Lord, for the grace of love with Jay. I never imagined this was in store for me. I'm so thankful I let You take control!

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: