Thursday, January 10, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: Wishy Washy Emotions

Wishy-washy emotions. Ugh. Luckily for those interacting with me, I can handle wishy-washy emotions and reactions. A mother with Bipolar Disorder taught me (at a very young age) to understand the climate can change quicker than the blink of an eye. I try, to the best of my ability, staying evenly keeled. My love doesn't change from one day to the next. But I'm pretty lucky. My experience growing up and throughout most of my adulthood gave me a high tolerance for bad behavior. Since becoming a lay apostle, I have become calmer . . . more peaceful. My commitment to this apostolate has not wavered one bit. Jesus has led me here, at this time, in this place. I have seen a few lay apostles be led astray by false accusations. Wishy-washy emotions. After reading today's Gospel (Luke 4:14-22), where everyone thought Jesus was amazing, I find it hard to believe soon after they crucified Him. Do you think wishy-washy emotions are caused by fear of the unknown? Fear of death to self? Fear of showing your weaknesses? Or, fear of admitting you are imperfect? Stand strong, lay apostles. Read the Gospel below and stand up for Jesus:

Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news of him spread throughout the whole region.  He taught in their synagogues and was praised by all.

He came to Nazareth, where he had grown up, and went according to his custom into the synagogue on the sabbath day.  He stood up to read and was handed a scroll of the prophet Isaiah.  He unrolled the scroll and found the passage where it was written: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord.

Rolling up the scroll, he handed it back to the attendant and sat down, and the eyes of all in the synagogue looked intently at him.  He said to them, “Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing.”  And all spoke highly of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his mouth.

In Volume Four, Jesus the King shows us how to remain calm and steady:

"If I am at all welcomed by you, I reside within you. But I am also beside you. I am in every conversation where someone asks Me to participate. Do you want to know how to please Me? Allow Me to speak through you. Allow Me to act through you. Allow Me to love through you. You have noticed changes since you began to follow Me with decision. You have noticed that as the world attempts to pull you away from peace, I draw you back to peace. You have noticed that is easier to love those around you. You have noticed more patience, more joy, and a deeper contemplation of the world as I see it. Now, little souls, I want you to begin practicing something different. I want you to calmly bring Me with you in everything you do and everything you say. In each part of each day, understand that I, the King of heaven and earth, am working through you."

Lay apostles, if you are one of those people who love one day and are disinterested the next, stop and implement Jesus' words above. Love Him unconditionally.  Love Him no matter what happens in your life. When you do this, loving others becomes easier. I know how much His words have changed me. I promise, if you listen to Him, they will change you.

Thank you, Lord, for opening my ears and eyes to this apostolate. I will continue to pray and show tolerance for those whose emotions fluctuate on a day to day basis.

God bless,
Bonnie






No comments: