Thursday, January 3, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: Seek to Understand

Disrespect for Jesus causes my heart to ache. When I hear people mocking Him, the first thing that comes to mind is Jesus, forgive them for they know not what they do. Unfortunately, some have fled the Church because they feel judged.  Well, my friends, Jesus is the only judge and jury. "People" may hurl harsh words causing our woundedness, but what others think shouldn't matter. I know, easier said than done. I aim to please only Him now, so the criticism of others barely causes me to flinch (most of the time!). If only those who assume/judge would seek to understand Him first . . . they would see a loving, kind, merciful Lord. They would understand Jesus is why we attend Mass . . . to worship Him,  adore Him, and give Him thanks for all the graces and blessings He provides every second we are on this earth. When people separate themselves from Christ, they dangle without a lifeline.

The Gospel (John 1:29-34) today shows the respect John held for Jesus:

John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’ I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”

In Volume Four, Jesus Speaks to Sinners, our dear Savior demonstrates His great mercy for all of us who seek to understand:

"My children, I call you My children because you were created by Me. I am your God. I am the only God. Believe Me when I say to you that you will never have peace, true peace, while you are separated from Me. And your eternity must be considered. You will spend eternity in one of two places, dear little soul. You must give this serious thought and determine where you would like to reside. You say you do not believe in God or you do not believe that God would send people to hell forever. I tell you today that it is not I, the only God there is, who condemns souls to hell. It is the soul himself who chooses to reside in hell. Do you know why the soul chooses hell? Because there are like-minded souls there. A soul who aligns himself with darkness does not choose heaven because that soul would not be comfortable in heaven. You must understand that you can be angry with God but God is not at fault. You can blame God for all that is wrong with your world and perhaps this will work for you on earth. I assure you though, on this day that this will cease to work for you at the moment of your death. At that time there will be only yourself to blame as the Truth is inescapable. You will be facing the one, the only, and the true God and attempting to tell Him that He does not exist. How do you think this will go for you? It will not go well, dear soul, and that is why I am speaking to you now. I want you to divert from this path that leads to damnation. You are choosing against Me now and I am asking you to stop. I love you."

Lay apostles, in the Volume Four quote above, Jesus shows the boundless love and forgiveness He has for those who disrespect Him. He wants you back. He loves you and needs you to fulfill your mission on this earth. The time is now. Say a quick Hail Mary with me and ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you. Seek to understand.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.  Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me the wisdom You have provided through Sacred Scripture and the Volumes to seek a deeper, more intimate relationship with You. Every day contains precious moments to know You better. I promise to take advantage of every minute.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: