Monday, August 4, 2014

Trust There Will Be Miracles

Miracles take my breath away. And they occur when I least expect it. This past week Jay and I attended the Catholic Marketing Network trade show in Schaumburg, IL to promote my book Can You Text Me Directions?. There were so many blessings which blossomed unexpectedly during the three days of this event. If I wrote about all of them at one time, this blog post would run on and on! So, I have decided to focus on one blessing at a time this week. The biggest blessing was a nun from New York. Sister Rosemary from the Sisters of the Resurrection sat alone in her booth with a smile on her face that lit up the room. Jay was drawn to Sr. Rosemary. She glowed with love as she described the Pro-Life pregnancy cards made by her order of nuns. Jay couldn't wait for me to meet her. He started with "she is a Mother Angelica . . . about 20 years younger!" As I walked up to her booth, she recognized Jay and met me with open arms. The connection was instant. She was wise, kind, humble and full of humor . . . she exuded the Light of Christ. She asked if we would be free for dinner after the Mass with Fr. Frank Pavone, of course we said yes! Despite the crowds and noise of the restaurant, our conversation never lagged. After about 15 minutes with her to ourselves, we knew this was no coincidence. She was sent from Jesus, we have no doubt. Her knowledge and compassion were exactly what we needed . . . prayed for. After the event was over, we had one last meal with her. We walked her out to her car and hugged her at least three times before saying goodbye. As she drove off, we prayed for her safety and thanked the Lord for such a tremendous gift. The message from Jesus was loud and clear . . . trust Me completely and I will shower you with graces beyond your wildest dreams! 

Todays Gospel (Matthew 14:22-36) shows how much our humanness lacks trust . . . even for those who had Jesus physically in front of them:

Jesus made the disciples get into a boat and precede him to the other side of the sea, while he dismissed the crowds. After doing so, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When it was evening he was there alone. Meanwhile the boat, already a few miles offshore,
was being tossed about by the waves, for the wind was against it. During the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them, walking on the sea. When the disciples saw him walking on the sea they were terrified. “It is a ghost,” they said, and they cried out in fear. At once Jesus spoke to them, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.” Peter said to him in reply, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” After they got into the boat, the wind died down. Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, “Truly, you are the Son of God.”

After making the crossing, they came to land at Gennesaret. When the men of that place recognized him, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought to him all those who were sick and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak,
and as many as touched it were healed.


In Volume Four, Jesus again asks us to trust Him no matter what:


"The temporary peace offered by the world numbs your pain for a time, leading you to believe you have found the object of your search. Then that feeling wears off and you begin to search again, always looking for that thing which can only be found in Me. Shall I minister to you? Would you like Me to infuse your soul with courage and joy? Dear one, that is what I do for My true followers. They do not escape life’s difficulties. They have a steadiness that sets them apart from those who do not follow Me and who do not take advantage of heaven’s gifts. I want to share these gifts. On this day I want you to tell Me all day long that you believe in Me. You may not feel this. You may have a difficult time even forming the words. But in your heart, all of this day, tell Me this. I can then give you graces that will help your disbelief. We will begin to shift the stubborn doubts sowed by the father of lies. You have nothing to lose. You have tried many other remedies for your discontent. Some of you have abused your bodies in an attempt to quiet the cries of your soul. I want you to think of Me as another remedy for any difficult symptoms you are experiencing. If I do not keep My promise, to grant you peace and joy, then you may continue your search. But you must give Me a chance and to do that you must spend time in silence with Me. Come to a church that houses a tabernacle. Sit before Me in silence. Allow Me to speak to you and I will speak to you. Be brave, little soul. You have tried many more daring things than this, have you not? Come to Me now and give your God a chance."

Lay apostles, when we left for the trade show, the last thing on my mind was people I would meet. I was so caught up in making sure I had copies of my book shipped to the hotel, flyers created and printed, along with everything else there was to prepare for our booth. Every day people entered our lives who will remain there forever. Special stories of difficulties, hardships, miracles and thankfulness will impact us forever. No matter your situation, no matter where you are, trust there will be miracles along the way. Trust in the graces He showers His faithful followers. Trust and pray.

Thank you, Lord, for Sr. Rosemary, the Sisters of the Resurrection, and the gift of friendship and love. I am blown away how much You love me!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: