Friday, January 20, 2012

Give me strength, Lord . . . literally!

It has been a long day. I am on my way to Chicago for the weekend to spend time with Anne, Fr. Darragh and a group of evangelizing lay apostles! Everyone is so excited to spend this weekend together, and as expected, the evil one isn't too pleased about it. All flights into Chicago have been cancelled so far today due to weather. But we lay apostles always persevere! Despite exhaustion, I will do what it takes, even if it means I have to sleep overnight in the airport here in Atlanta! I know He will make everything work out the way it is supposed to be.

I found the encouragement I needed today in the following excerpt of the April 2008 Monthly Message from Jesus:

"Rest assured that you have been given all that you need in strength and courage for each day’s service. There is no difficulty, from heaven’s perspective, in an apostle serving in weariness. Most apostles served in weariness and the weariness that an apostle feels does not mean that the fire of the Spirit is at risk of being extinguished. Have no fear about this because I Myself tend to the presence of the Spirit in your soul. This fire has been expertly banked so that it will burn for as long as it needs to burn. Some day you will be finished with your service on earth. The tasks that I need from you will be completed. This will be a joyful day for you. You will see all that you have accomplished for Me. Yes, weariness comes and goes, but love creates stamina that keeps the servant and the service steady."

Thank you, Lord, for kindling the fire burning in me. I may slow down a bit, but my soul is ignited with Your Love, pushing me past the physical limitations of my aging body!

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: