Monday, March 7, 2016

Seeing Christ In Me

A hug when I am feeling defeated. Acceptance and patience when I am not in the best of moods.  Sometimes I am just off, or tired, or frustrated. My husband is one of the kindest men I know . . . have ever known. I see Christ in his eyes when I am not feeling my most lovable. We are all capable of shining the Light of Christ in our words and actions. Do others see Christ in me?  Does my husband? I pray the answer to my question is YES! I am imperfect and will be a work in progress until the day He calls me home. Some will never see the good when evil tries to convince otherwise. All I can do is continue to try . . . responding with love when hurt; patience when misunderstood; listening instead of speaking. Not a easy task when attempting it alone. With Jesus front and center in my eyes, I can accomplish anything He asks of me!

Todays Gospel (John 9:1, 6-9, 13-17, 34-38) is more than just a blind man seeing . . . it about opening his eyes and seeing the Son of Man:

As Jesus passed by he saw a man blind from birth. He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva, and smeared the clay on his eyes, and said to him, 
“Go wash in the Pool of Siloam” — which means Sent —. So he went and washed, and came back able to see.

His neighbors and those who had seen him earlier as a beggar said,  “Isn’t this the one who used to sit and beg?” Some said, “It is,” but others said, “No, he just looks like him.” He said, “I am.”

They brought the one who was once blind to the Pharisees. Now Jesus had made clay and opened his eyes on a sabbath. So then the Pharisees also asked him how he was able to see. He said to them, “He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and now I can see.” So some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, because he does not keep the sabbath.” But others said, “How can a sinful man do such signs?” And there was a division among them. So they said to the blind man again, “What do you have to say about him, since he opened your eyes?” He said, “He is a prophet.”

They answered and said to him, “You were born totally in sin, and are you trying to teach us?” Then they threw him out.

When Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, he found him and said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” He answered and said, “Who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?” Jesus said to him, “You have seen him, and the one speaking with you is he.” He said, “I do believe, Lord,” and he worshiped him.

In Volume One, Jesus asks us to be His Representatives on earth:

“I want My love to fill this world. I want to begin a worldwide endeavor which begins with each of you. Love each person with whom I place you today. The smaller, more powerless, and more damaged they are, the more I want them to see Christ shining out at them from YOUR eyes. Only in this way will I be put back in My rightful place. Be warned. The evil one, looking at you from the eyes of some of your brothers and sisters, will identify Me within you. You will be the object of derision at times. How those opportunities delighted My saints. Practice that attitude and these same opportunities will delight you also. This is My promise to you, dearest ones. Walk with Me, live with Me, and you will no longer feel any stings this world attempts to inflict upon you. They will bounce from you like so many pointless arrows. Are you listening, My children? I want this from you. Do not disappoint Me and all joy will be yours. Your Jesus loves you and speaks directly to your hearts at this time. Listen for Me. I am there, with you.” 

Lay apostles, do you look for Christ in others? In yourself? If you aren’t, begin now. Be His Eyes, His Heart and His Love on earth. He is waiting to reward you in eternity!

Thank you, Lord, for opening my eyes and ears to live Your messages on a daily basis. 

God bless,

Bonnie

No comments: