Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Indifference to Sin

Distractions exist in abundance, don't they?  As a writer, I constantly battle my wandering mind.  The simplest things can draw me away from the task at hand. When I'm at a loss for words, I check my email. Distraction. The buzzer goes off on my dryer signaling clothes needing to be folded. Distraction. Huge stacks of paperwork in need of filing. Big distraction!  My conscience warns me to stay on track.  But old habits die hard. Excuses are made.  Over time, my conscience may begin to accept the excuses as fact. I become lax in full focus and eventually become frustrated things aren't moving faster. Sounds a lot like our faith journey, right?  If we let the world dictate how we act and feel, how can we act and feel as God desires?  If we deviate from what is good and just, how can we ever escape our sins?

In today’s Gospel (John 8:21-30), Jesus shows us the way to our salvation is through the Father: 

Jesus said to the Pharisees: "I am going away and you will look for me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going you cannot come." So the Jews said, "He is not going to kill himself, is he, because he said, 'Where I am going you cannot come'?" He said to them, "You belong to what is below, I belong to what is above. You belong to this world, but I do not belong to this world. That is why I told you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

In Volume One, our Blessed Mother graciously offers a direct path to her Son:

“We are making great strides with your souls, little ones. Even the smallest effort on your part is being rewarded greatly. It is important that you let go of many worldly concerns now and concern yourself with following God’s will in your life. There will always be something to distract you from prayer. To follow those distractions away from prayer is like leaving the path. If you know your destination, truly, children, you must stay on the road that leads you there. The road may seem rocky and difficult at first but that is no reason to change your destination. It is the road you must travel to come to me, my little ones. I am here. Do not be afraid. I will lead you to Jesus and you will be happy and filled with gratitude for the way Jesus is calling you. Your difficulties will seem as nothing to you then. Persevere with trust. It will come to you."

Lay apostles of all ages, what path are you following in your life?  The rocky yet heavenly path to Jesus or the easy sinful path while on this earth?  I am far from perfect.  But I am moving in the right direction despite a few steps backward once in a while!

Thank you, Lord, for continually correcting my missteps, always refocusing my gaze on You.  

God bless,

Bonnie  

No comments: