Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Seeing From the Other Side

There is no doubt in my mind I love Jesus. Despite incidences in my life, I know they were all to get me to where I am now. I have no regrets anymore. I used to look at choices I've made as failures on my part. But truly, they were all necessary on my journey to Christ. With my eyes wide open and the veil lifted, I try to see everything through His Eyes. I must admit, this isn't always easy. Observing others who say they love Christ yet display behavior in complete opposition is troubling. My first thought is "if they only knew Him better, the intentional behavior or attitude would be an embarrassment." And then I pray for them. I pray to see from their perspective. I pray God gives me the graces to say the right thing without judgement. We are all on a unique journey to heaven. We haven't walked a mile in another's shoes, only our own. I have come to the conclusion I can only change me. And, continue to live by example.

Todays Gospel (Mark 9:38-40) is very clear . . . there is good in those who speak His name:

John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.” Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us.”

In the Monthly Message of September 2010, Jesus asks us to see others through His Eyes:


"I want you to be holy. I can bring the greatest amount of mercy into the world if My beloved friends help Me. Be disinterested when the enemy of unity brings you reasons to disagree with those around you. Be interested when your Jesus begs you to overlook the flaws of others and serve alongside them in harmony. Dear apostles, we have nothing without unity. Our campaign of love will only be successful if we concentrate on love. Love overcomes everything, even the most profound suffering. Because, when one of God’s children has nothing and he is bereft, the smallest bit of love is like the greatest feast. I, your Jesus, am now a beggar. I am begging you to love. Allow Me to see to justice because only I am equipped to pass judgement. You must see to loving, despite any wounds you have suffered. I am the greatest victim of injustice so I am the best consoler. Bring your suffering to Me and I will send you away with love, which you will then continue to distribute on My behalf. Be serious about My work, dear apostles. It is important."

Lay apostles, seeing from the other side can be quite challenging! But if we absorb the words of Christ in the Gospel and Monthly Message above, all we have to do is love, not try to "fix" another person because they don't see eye to eye with us. Just as I have my unique experiences, so do you; so does he; so does she.  Take a step back. He will use every ounce of love we show to save souls.

Thank you, Lord, for Your words of wisdom. Please continue to remind me when I slip, You know what You are doing!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: