Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Place To Hide

A basement. A secret garden. A walk along a riverbank. A place to hide when the world is chaotic. My place to hide when I was young? My bedroom, door locked, with Foreigner blaring so loud I could drown out anything occurring outside of my sanctuary. Somehow the music led me to an escape from my mother's mental illness. It stopped my brain from focusing on what was really going on behind closed doors. As I write this, I realize how lost I was back then. And, I also realize God was protecting me during a period of darkness and despair. Now I take everything to Him first. He is the One who clears my head of chaos and disarray . . . almost instantly a majority of the time. I know I am thinking too much of me when it takes a little longer to overcome dilemas. I still love listening to Foreigner (and you have to blast it, right?). Only now, when I hear Long, Long Way From Home, I am thankful that young girl has finally figured it out.

Todays Responsorial Psalm (PS 16:1-2A and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11) spoke to me. God is my hope. He is my safe haven:

R. (1) Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; I say to the LORD, “My Lord are you.” O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. 

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

I bless the LORD who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence;
Because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever.

R. Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.

In Volume Two, Jesus assures us though we don't see Him, He never leaves our side:

"I am with My children. My presence is silent but constant. I am directing many of the seemingly unimportant events in your lives, so that My will can be accomplished. My children are practicing faith, and that pleases Me. But My protection is so great that My children could have an infinite amount of faith in Me and still more would be justified. My faithful ones, who are struggling to serve Me and be holy, please trust Me for I am with you. I have pledged My protection to you and I will not leave you vulnerable. Offer Me small little prayers when you are frightened or unsure and I will place My calming hands upon you, steadying and reassuring you. You will look back at this time of service to Me and you will be so grateful that you said “yes” to your God. My children, you will look upon so many souls sharing eternity with you who would be absent if not for your service. Can you imagine the joy you will share with these souls? So be brave and continue in My service, walking the path I have illuminated before you. It is there you will find your peace and your key to eternity."

Lay apostles, where is your place to hide? Do you run to alcohol to numb? Drugs to escape? Negative people to commiserate with? Or, do you run to Him and trust He will work everything out? Choose Him . . . it works every time!

Thank you, Lord, for the trust You have placed in my heart. Things may not be in my timing, but ultimately, You have never let me down!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: