Saturday, June 2, 2012

No Joking Around

In yesterday's Gospel, Jesus shows us we better take Him seriously.  After reading todays Gospel, I just had to go back and add this piece from Mark 11:



They came to Jerusalem, and on entering the temple area he began to drive out those selling and buying there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. He did not permit anyone to carry anything through the temple area. Then he taught them saying, "Is it not written: My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoplesBut you have made it a den of thieves."


Go Jesus!  Now that is what real men should act like.  Not turning over tables, but demanding respect for God and His Church.  It's how we all should act.  


Today's Gospel (Mark 11:27-33) brings Jesus back to Jerusalem. After His "teaching" the day before, He faces authority and beautifully makes His point:


Jesus and his disciples returned once more to Jerusalem. As he was walking in the temple area, the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders approached him and said to him, "By what authority are you doing these things? Or who gave you this authority to do them?" Jesus said to them, "I shall ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things. Was John's baptism of heavenly or of human origin? Answer me." They discussed this among themselves and said, "If we say, 'Of heavenly origin,' he will say, 'Then why did you not believe him?' But shall we say, 'Of human origin'?"-- they feared the crowd, for they all thought John really was a prophet. So they said to Jesus in reply, "We do not know." Then Jesus said to them, "Neither shall I tell you by what authority I do these things."
Writing this daily blog has brought me deeper into the Bible.  I look forward to reading Scripture and fall more in love with Jesus every morning.  Quotes from the Volumes and all of Anne's books compliment each Gospel or reading, deepening my understanding of each passage. It's a killer combo!

Lay Apostles, I urge you to stand up for our beloved Church.  Demand respect and give respect to it.  If we don't fight for Jesus, who will?  

Have a wonderful weekend!

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: