Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Beacon of Light

High tolerance for bad behavior is something I come by naturally (thank you, Mom . . .). I have had "friends" in the past who have done unspeakable things behind my back.  But I forgive (grudgingly at times) and try to move on. I am also blessed with some of the most loving friends who I consider family.  During a difficult time, I decided to disconnect from the toxicity of certain friendships, praying for God to send good Christian women into my life.  Little did I know the day I attended my first Lay Apostle prayer group I would find one of the best friends I'd ever have.  Karen is not only brilliant, but she is calm, humble, and loves the Lord and her family with all her heart.  We can talk for hours on the phone about anything and everything.  Despite the fact our lives have been polar opposites, we are drawn together through Divine Intervention. She brings me to a Defend Religious Freedom rally; I bring her to a Foreigner concert.  She is one of my biggest supporters, sending me emails about how my blog post made her feel which encourages me to keep writing. I tell her all the time she was heaven sent.  She humbly denies any importance. Little does she know how much love and comfort she has brought into my life. She is a true beacon of Light.




Reading todays Gospel (Matthew 5:13-16) made me think of Karen. Knowing her has made me a better woman, and, inspires me to shine His Light even brighter:

Jesus said to his disciples: "You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father."
In Volume One, Thoughts on Spirituality, Jesus shows us He intentionally sends people to help lead us toward heaven:

“Remember that your brothers and sisters in heaven walked your paths of conversion. There is nothing new in this world in that respect. The only new occurrence is the level of darkness, which I seek to dispel now. Be at peace and let your heart be filled with My light. There are those who wish to help you in your mission, My little one. You know who they are because they are coming to you in various ways. Use them. You sense I am smiling. It makes me happy to see My children working together and loving each other. My blessing is upon you.”

Lay apostles, is there someone who has been placed in your life who has guided you to a closer relationship with Jesus?  If yes, call or email them with your gratitude for their love and support.  No?  Then be the beacon of Light for someone else.  Many are in darkness or in need of rekindling their faith, waiting for someone who cares enough to light the candle. How can you share the light of Christ today?  


Thank you, Lord, for the love and support of my dear friend Karen. I know You hand picked her to come into my life.  I am forever thankful!


God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: