Friday, June 15, 2012

Falling Asleep

Reading the Volumes set me on fire six years ago.  Every page I read ignited my heart like a raging bonfire (Hey!  I kind of like that! Bonnie + fire = Bonfire. Yes, girls, your mother is a dork!).  And, the inferno is even stronger today then it was years ago.  So, how do you react when a person who was on fire not too long ago becomes distant, declaring going to Mass is not a priority?  My initial reaction? My heart hurt for Jesus.  He loves us so much and all He asks in addition to daily prayer is we worship Him for one hour, once a week. But no matter what I say or how I try to explain the importance, it falls upon deaf ears.  In my opinion, avoiding church only happens when you aren't following the rules.  Somehow, hearing what is right and good makes you feel worse about the choices you are making.  Sometimes, it's easier to avoid and have a good time.  After all, you deserve it, right? Wrong! Every one of God's children struggle. Some worse than others.  But don't stop loving and worshipping Jesus because it's just too much effort. Or, it just doesn't work for you at this time in your life. And most especially, stop calling interventions to get you back on track judgmental. Judgement is God's domain, not ours. We care because we love you.  For if you truly love the Lord, you know deep in your heart what is right. 


Todays reading (Ephesians 3:8-12, 14-19) defines what the Volumes and all of heaven's messages through Anne have kindled within me:


For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.


And for those who think they don't need to spend time with Christ in His Church, Jesus has this to say from Volume One:



“I refer to prayer in a church now, and structured prayer. As My mother said, you should be in a united form of prayer as often as you can throughout the day. But we are also increasing your structured prayer if it is necessary that we do so. Many of My children have stopped visiting churches. They say they can pray at home. But alas, they do not. This is yet another sign of The Great Disobedience. My children who speak this way, I am calling out to you in firmness. I did not ask you to pray at home on the Sabbath. I asked you to attend to your religious duties. When you die, and you face Me, I will ask you if you completed these duties. Woe be to those who dared to make their own rules, and superimpose those rules over the law of God. What audacity they practice. What a bad example they set for others. Again, I say, “No longer.” God’s law will preside, children.”
Don't think I haven't tried to make my own rules in the past. Guess what?  They never worked and only led me further from Christ.  He doesn't expect us to become saints overnight.  It will take a lifetime.  So I have a question for you.  Do you truly and honestly believe the words from the Bible to be true?  Do you believe in Jesus Christ?  If you answered yes, then get your act together.  Live for Him and only Him.  All the rest will beautifully fall into place. 


Thank you, Lord, for the wake up calls You have given me throughout my life. If I start to get lazy when life isn't easy, remind me of the agony You experienced when Your apostles fell asleep the night You were condemned. I promise I will never fall asleep again.


God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: