Friday, June 26, 2020

Gospel Thoughts Today: Do You Have Proof?

Proof. It's all we ever ask for when in doubt. But when presented with the facts, how many deny the truth in order to protect fragile egos? It is all over the media right now with the Project Veritas Facebook videos coming to light right now. Instead of admitting what is real, the truth, most sprint in the opposite direction screaming of injustice. Just as Jesus gave proof of His Divinity while on Earth, they still handed Him a death sentence. Proven miracles! As hard as that is to swallow, we are seeing a modern day version of it every day in the media. How do we combat this? Pray for those who find it hard to admit they are/were wrong. It takes a lot of humility to accept the truth when we so passionately believed the opposite. I have been wrong many times in my life. In my younger years, it was like pulling a tooth for me to admit when I was incorrect in my assumptions. Now, after years of being involved with this apostolate, I can (at times hesitantly!) say it out loud. Most importantly, remembering I AM IMPERFECT!

In today's Gospel (Matthew 8:1-4), Jesus is instructing the man He has healed of leprosy to go back to where he has been long gone from, the one true God:

When Jesus came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him. And then a leper approached, did him homage, and said, “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.” He stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I will do it. Be made clean.” His leprosy was cleansed immediately. Then Jesus said to him, “See that you tell no one, but go show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses prescribed; that will be proof for them.”

In today's quote from Volume Four, Jesus spells it out clearly . . . it's time to stop looking for proof and start turning toward Him:

"Listen to My voice as I call to you. Dear soul, entangled in the darkness of this world, it is to you I cry out. I am your Savior. I am calling to you loudly now because the time for you to hear My Voice has arrived. No longer should you turn away from Me. Dear soul of the Kingdom, you belong with your family. Who is your family, you ask. We are your family. You have a great many souls here on earth who will love you but you must come back to Christianity. Christianity is simply the following of Christ. And who is this Christ? I am this Christ. I am Jesus, who died on the cross for you. My sacrifice made it possible for you to enjoy heaven. Let me tell you about Me, so you will understand who loves you, and who it is you are being called to follow. I walked your earth as you do. I saw the failings of mankind as you see them. I was grieved at the injustices, in the same way that you are grieved when you see things that are not fair. Did I grow bitter? No. I did not. Why was that? Because I am God? No. I was God on earth but I was God trapped in man’s body and constrained by the limitations of the body. I did this so that when it came time for you to follow Me you could not say that it was easy for Me because I was God. I did not use My divinity except during the last three years and then only to heal, cure, and otherwise support My claim that I was the King of Heaven, come down to lead all back to the Father. I did not waste miracles on those who would reject Me, regardless of proof of My divinity. Do you intend to reject Me? You are Mine, dearest soul. Come back to Me that I may introduce you to love and joy.

I want to tell you why I did not grow bitter on earth. I did not grow bitter because I knew that many would follow Me. And I did not grow bitter because I knew that you would return to Me. Can you believe that you are that important to Me? I assure you, it is true. At this moment, there is only you and I. I am looking at you now. Will you return My gaze, you poor child whose heart is frozen? My love pours out upon you. My graces flow down to you. Open your heart, dear soul. Ask Me to come to you. I am here. I am waiting to love you. Do not freeze Me out any longer. Everything is possible for Me. I can heal you and cure you in an instant if you will let Me. Ask Me, dear child. You are part of My family and My family aches to have you back. I am calling you by name. Close your eyes and listen to My Voice. I am asking that you say simply, “Jesus, love me.” I will take care of everything else. You feel My presence now and you can rest in My love as I transform your heart. No fear, dear child. All is well when God is present, and truly, I am with you."

Lay apostles, are you still searching for proof to begin living what the Bible and the Volumes ask of you? What is holding you back? Jesus has given us so much through visionaries and prophets on Earth. As Jesus says in the quote above, "I am here. I am waiting to love you."

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to acquire more and more humility every day. Being on the defense all the time is quite tiresome. Trusting in You fully is freeing!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: