Thursday, May 30, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: Trust the Process

I don't know about you, but I am SO tired of the whole Russia, Russia, Russia stuff! As most of you know, I am a huge President Trump supporter. Have been since he won the Republican ticket. My sanity remained intact over the last 3 years because of Your Voice America host Bill Mitchell. One thing he has continually repeated over the last 3 years (and has pretty much nailed everything happening now) is #TrustTrump! I do and I have. I guarantee you Donald J. Trump will go down as the best president in American history. As much as I trust our President is fighting for America, I trust Jesus completely in His fight for my soul! My message? #TrustJesus!

In today's Gospel (Luke 24:46-53), Jesus guides His disciples to trust the process:

Jesus said to his disciples: "Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer
and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.  And behold I am sending the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high."

Then he led them out as far as Bethany, raised his hands, and blessed them. As he blessed them he parted from them and was taken up to heaven. They did him homage and then returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and they were continually in the temple praising God.

In Anne a lay apostle's book Staying in Place, she nails how to trust in God:

"A symptom of possessing the correct disposition is detachment. That word is not disinterest. Disinterest is more like depression. Detachment includes supercharged energy and could be summed up in the saying ‘Pray to God and row for shore.’ It means that we should trust God completely and cooperate with Him fully. ‘Trust God completely and cooperate with Him fully.’ If we are doing a thing that God would not do, then we know we are not cooperating with God, regardless of what we try to say to ourselves and others. We are not in a state of Christian homeostasis if we are committing regular sin, regardless of the fact that we are fooling those around us. We try hard and we relinquish the outcome for His contribution. We are not gods. There is no such thing. There is only God."

Lay apostles, do you trust the words of Jesus in the Gospels? Take them to heart. Know that all He wants is our souls in eternity with Him forever. His Words are not full of hot air to make you feel inferior. They are full of life and joy and acceptance leading straight into His Arms.

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me the grace to trust the process of my faith in You. I am so grateful You brought Anne into my life. This mission has formed who I am today.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: