Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: From Loss to Life

We never know what lessons and/or challenges God has in store for us. If we are not prepared for the unexpected, it leaves a gaping hole for evil to flood in and steer us away from Christ. But if we are prepared for anything, confident God is always with us (or loved ones, friends, etc), surprises are not as suffocating. We can go from loss to life if we stay focused on Jesus. Listen to what He says in the Gospels and the Volumes. He is bestowing the knowledge we need to survive anything!

In today's Gospel (John 6:35-40), Jesus teaches the crowd there is no other way than the way of His Father:

Jesus said to the crowds, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger,and whoever believes in me will never thirst. But I told you that although you have seen me,you do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.”

In Anne a lay apostle's book Climbing the Mountain, St. Faustina gives such comfort in describing suffering in service to Christ:

"When you are serving Christ, you will know peace, even in suffering. Do not be surprised when you carry a cross for Jesus. This is a sign that He looks upon you as a friend. Dear friends of heaven, this is a time for the greatest trust. So trust Jesus in your doubts and fears and sufferings and you will be making the right choice.”

Lay apostles, when a heavy cross is handed to you, turn to Him and say, "Jesus, I trust in You!" As St. Faustina says above, it means we are doing it for whatever Jesus needs of us to change an outcome; to bring support when others run away; to love when there is hatred.

Trust He has a plan . . .

Thank you, Lord, for the crosses You give me and the strength to carry them. I believe, with every cell in my body, You are giving it to me to further Your Heavenly Plan.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: