Tuesday, July 22, 2014

An Imperfect Sinner

Why are we so afraid to be imperfect? More importantly, why is it so hard to admit? The truth is, there was only one Perfect Person who walked the face of this earth. And He wasn't sent here looking for perfection . . . just the opposite. About 3 weeks ago, Jay and I decided to get serious about our health and fitness. We downloaded an app called Calorie Counter to our iPhones. We have become very conscious of choices we make for every meal. Not only are we counting calories, but this app helps us monitor daily fat, cholesterol, carbs, sodium, sugar and protein. We are in the middle of week 3, and so far so good! But today I totally blew it. We went out for a business lunch and I thought the Waldorf salad (half) at California Pizza Kitchen was a good choice. I found a nutritional chart online for CPK and holy smokes,  it was 2/3 of my total calories for the day. By this evening, my chart had a lot of red lines (green if you stay within your daily limit). I started to get frustrated with myself, then Anne a lay apostle's words popped into my head . . . we are all imperfect people. Yes, I AM IMPERFECT. And I wouldn't have it any other way. 

In todays Gospel (John 20: 1-2, 11-18), Jesus shows His Love for us despite our imperfections:

On the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early in the morning, while it was still dark, and saw the stone removed from the tomb. So she ran and went to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and told them, “They have taken the Lord from the tomb, and we don’t know where they put him.” 

Mary stayed outside the tomb weeping. And as she wept, she bent over into the tomb and saw two angels in white sitting there, one at the head and one at the feet where the Body of Jesus had been. And they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken my Lord, and I don’t know where they laid him.” When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus there, but did not know it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” She thought it was the gardener and said to him, “Sir, if you carried him away, tell me where you laid him, and I will take him.” Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to him in Hebrew, “Rabbouni,” which means Teacher. Jesus said to her, “Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father,
to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and then reported what he told her.


In Volume One, our Blessed Mother assures us her Son needs each one of us to help prepare the way for His Return:


"Little children, hear my Son. How eager He is to help you and bring you back safely to Him. Do not fear, please, if you have made mistakes. We are only concerned about today and this must be your approach also. Be sorry for your sins and walk away from them. Often, the evil one will attempt to keep you tied to past sins by reminding you of them and trying to persuade you that sinners cannot be true chosen souls. How ridiculous a notion! Look to the Bible for proof. Jesus came for sinners. Jesus will return for sinners. And my little chosen souls will prepare the way for Him. I am counting every one of you who receives this message as a chosen soul. What joy will be yours. Think about joy, dear little child. When did you last feel joy? Your mother will show you heavenly joy if you heed our messages now. Don’t be afraid, my small ones. Holiness is a process and it is mostly up to Jesus to move you through that process. In a special way, right now, you can let Jesus form you. We are going to take care of everything. You need only love Jesus and let Him direct your life. Be like a small sparrow, living only in the moment, confident that God will provide everything needed for the next day, the next season, and the next year."

Lay apostles, give yourself a break today. Give others a little reprieve, too. Imagine how much better we could assist our Returning King! 

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me to accept all my imperfections (of which there are many!) and see the beauty in the imperfections of others.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: