Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Let Go Of Fear

My youngest daughter Taylor is home visiting for a week from Los Angeles. A couple nights ago she and a friend were heading out about 10pm to catch up in downtown Ft. Myers. Grant it, this young woman has been living in LOS ANGELES for the past 3 months! But I still found myself telling her to be safe, not to take certain streets, yada yada yada! She gave me a big hug and said she would be careful. As much as she acts like she is all grown up, I know she appreciates my loving guidance and protection. I guess I will never stop being a mom, caring and praying for the safety of my children. The same goes for our Heavenly Father! He wants us to feel the safety and comfort of His Love every second of every day.  If that's what we want for our own children, why wouldn't God want the same for us?

In todays Gospel (John 14:27-31A), Jesus wants us to understand there is nothing to fear in the world as long as we believe:

Jesus said to his disciples: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me tell you, ‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you this before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe. I will no longer speak much with you,
for the ruler of the world is coming. He has no power over me, but the world must know that I love the Father and that I do just as the Father has commanded me.”


In Volume Two, Jesus encourages us to always remember He will always be there to protect us:

"I tell you that you are destined for great holiness and you will achieve this holiness if you remain united to Me. And you will do so because I will protect you. Children, do not seek to further or advance the opinion others have of you. It is irrelevant. Please spend no time at all wondering or worrying about this. Worldly opinions change with the wind and a person could think well of you one day and slander you the next. You must not rely on these opinions for your peace because, as you have learned, you will be disappointed. Instead, rely on Me, who does not change. My opinion of you remains steady. I will always love you."

Lay apostles, what do you choose today . . . hanging on to the criticism of others and internalizing it or remaining peaceful in the comfort of Our Lord's embrace, allowing Him to handle all the chaos? I choose Him today. I choose Him every day! 

Thank you, Lord, for the criticisms, challenges, and lessons You send my way every day. Continue to hold me close to Your Sacred Heart so I can let go of anything bothering me quickly, placing it into Your care!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: