Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holding Jesus to His Word

Watching my grandson in between my clinical research job and writing has been a huge blessing for me. It's precious time with Colt just about every day. And, he takes precedence over my blog posts (as I have missed a few days!). 

Is he adorable or what?  

In the Volumes (and as He does in the Bible), Jesus promises if we commit ourselves to Him, He will see to the conversion of our loved ones. This is a promise I hold Him to. When I find myself wishing a loved one would make choices with Christ in mind, I pray.  As quickly as I can, I turn the worry over to Jesus.  By doing this, I have literally seen miracles occur.  Some a little slower than I wanted, and some so quickly I could hardly contain my joy. His timing, not mine. I have learned a very important lesson He repeats over and over . . . Trust Me . . . Believe in Me . . . I am with you. I fall more in love with every Gospel I read, every Volume I quote for my blog. I know He is seeing to the conversion of my loved ones. I know my grandsons will love and know Him as well as I do, but from a much younger age.  I tell Colt every day I am with him how much Jesus loves him.  Grant it, he is only 3 months old. But this little boy will know the name of the Lord. How cool is that? 

In the Gospel from yesterday (Luke 18:35-43), Jesus showers graces upon a believer:

As Jesus approached Jericho a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging, and hearing a crowd going by, he inquired what was happening. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." He shouted, "Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!" The people walking in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent, but he kept calling out all the more, "Son of David, have pity on me!" Then Jesus stopped and ordered that he be brought to him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?" He replied, "Lord, please let me see." Jesus told him, "Have sight; your faith has saved you." He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God. When they saw this, all the people gave praise to God.

In Anne a lay apostle's book Lessons in Love, she encourages us to share our love of Christ with our children (and grandchildren!):


"Do we want our children to live in the truth, which is that they have experienced some suffering but also many blessings and gifts? Let us not transmit to our children that they are entitled to greater wealth or privilege than others. This would be untrue. If our children have been blessed with steady shelter, sustenance and safety, then we expect them to flourish, assuming we parents are pouring love and formation into them which promotes Christian growth, and we expect them to then go out into the world and help others."

Lay apostles, are you worrying about the salvation of your children? Grandchildren? Spouse? If you are, commit yourself to Christ.  Live His words. Then hand over the worrying to Him. Live by example.  Tell anyone who will listen about the love Jesus has for all His children. You will begin to see the beauty in His timing.  It is spectacular!

Thank you, Lord, for giving me Your promise to convert my loved ones.  I am blown away how quickly you answer my prayers at times! 

God bless,
Bonnie





No comments: