Monday, September 29, 2008

Living our Faith

There is a church in Lafayette, Colorado called Immaculate Conception we attend when my husband and I visit monthly.  For years the church operated out of a small building close to downtown (Lafayette is a VERY small town, one main street running through the center).  A new church has been erected about a mile away from the old building.  I enjoyed the services and Father Amundsen in the small church, but never really felt a connection to this parish.  The first time I attended mass in the new facility, I was immediately drawn to the passion and power the Lord had infused in my absence.  The sanctuary is beautiful and full of life.  But, most importantly, the people seem different.  Happier.  Maybe it's just me, but the Light of the Lord is present in smiles as we greet each other and offer peace. Maybe I wasn't paying attention before.  I didn't think I would ever find a church as wonderful as St. Cecilia's.  Immaculate Conception is my home away from home.  

In the sermon this weekend, the parable of the two sons whose father made a request of each was told.  One son replied "no" to his father and later decided to comply with the request. The other son said "yes" to his father's request and never complied.  Which son was worse?  

In living our faith, we must not only say we are Christians, but act like Christians in everything we do.  We need to say yes to Our Father and follow the path His Son has laid out for us.  We are only human and we will falter at times.  And when we do, the Lord is always there with a loving embrace to put us back on track again.

Thank you, Lord, for leading me back to the path when I tend to stray.

Blessings,
Bonnie S.

No comments: