Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good friends

Driving away with Starbucks in my rearview mirror, I couldn't help wonder how I got so lucky.  

Four of us met for coffee after our Lay Apostle prayer meeting today.  We laughed, discussed serious issues and, I believe, solved all the world problems in just a few hours!  Well, maybe on a local level, for now.  Our discussion was focused on a conflict that had arisen in our group.  First and foremost was navigating a path to resolving the issue as Jesus would want us to...with kindness and love.  If only everyone approached difficult situations with the compassion and insight displayed today...

Allocating time in their busy schedules to meet for coffee, these women have shared a piece of themselves with me over the last nine months and enriched my life more than they will ever know.  The beauty that exudes in abundance from each of them is blinding at times.  I feel privileged to be a part of this group.  

Thank you, Lord, for leading me to a place where my crosses become a little lighter.

Blessings,
Bonnie S.

No comments: